Saturday 27 October 2012

Product Review : Lush Twilight Shower Gel

YES SAY HI TO HARDWORKING DOMO. For now~ *Coughs*

I will be scheduling a series of Lush reviews as I've been completely in love with some products from them such as this one! The previous one not as much but this one's great :D

I actually meant to do the shampoos first cause I didn't want them to clump together but this one's limited edition. So I'll be doing this first of course. Otherwise how can anyone get it if it's no longer available?!

Presenting~~~ The Lush Twilight Shower Gel!


It's a lavender shower gel with a twist!


Contains very fine shimmer particles. Not sure if you've spotted it in the first picture but I've taken a bling bling one in an attempt to emphasize the sparkles.


See plenty of white spots in there? Those are actually the shimmer particles suspended in the shower gel.


How to use? Lol, the instructions is up there!


Lastly this is the ingredients list for people who er... Have great knowledge on stuff like this. (I don't so I can't help anyone :/)

Lush SG says :

"To our Twilight Bath Bomb fans, we heard your requests. Here it is, a Twilight shower gel, so you can lather up in iridescent purple lavender and tonka bubbles. If you haven't smelled this fragrance before, you're in for a treat! It's slightly sweet with the perfect herbal balance. Wonderful to use in the evening before bed, especially on cold, winter nights. Dreams do come true!" - Taken from the Lush SG website HERE.

My say :

This smells really really amazing. For those of you who like PURE lavender scents only, this is not for you. As I've mentioned, this is a lavender shower gel with a twist. I think it's because of the tonka absolute, thus adding a really sweet note to this shower gel. The description says its only slightly sweet but to me, it's quite overwhelming. Like 50% lavender and 50% tonka sweetness. It'll hit you the moment you flip the cap, in a good way for me at least. It's pleasantly sweet to me, along with that slight soothing lavender scent to relax your mind.

I use roughly about a 50 cent coin amount and it lathers easily to cover my entire body. It comes out as a beautiful deep dark shimmery purple liquid. I wouldn't say it really looks like a night sky but it's fun to use. I mean, ITS SPARKLY. And it washes off completely so no worries there on turning into an Edward Cullen. If it stays on your skin... You're probably not very clean D: I think. Cause mine washed off effortlessly and completely.

Scent : ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ (I love this scent, but not my no.1 scent~)
Ease of lathering : ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ (I'd say average, not extra foamy or dry)
Pretty-ness : ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ (Weird point to evaluate but not all shower gels are this pretty!)
Overall : ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ (I love it, it's only available for Halloween and I'd indulge in a lil bottle!)

This costs £14.95/500g if you get it from the UK, which converts to roughly slightly above 30sgd? However in SG... It costs $54/500g. Sad TTM. However like I've said, as it's only available for Halloween, I think it's okay to spend $17 for the 100g one and enjoy a little. Use it for days when you feel like you need to pamper yourself. If you're super rich and willing to spend, this wouldn't be a problem for you!

XOXO,
Domo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...