Monday 5 November 2012

Product Review : Lush Curly Wurly

Annyeong! Sorry for not posting for nearly a week. Was working and had two jobs on a certain day too. Shag TTM. My back was breaking to the point that I couldn't bend it yesterday so I took a long rest and here I am, all recharged and ready to blog!

Today, I'm reviewing a shampoo that I've purchased and it's from.... Lush. Lush has like really uniquely scented products so I'm actually quite into them for the moment :x IMPULSE PURCHASES ANYONE?


Ta dang! Lush Curly Wurly! Do you like coconuts? I love eating and drinking their juice... But on my hair? Never thought of it till a really pretty and nice SA, Felicia, from Lush SG gave me a sample of this shampoo. I asked for something that smells more pleasant and will help rid the frizziness of my hair.


A pretty fat tub that contains 220g worth of product.


Well as the name suggests, it was sorta created for peeps with curly hair. However, Felicia said that you don't need to have curls to use this shampoo for it'll help moisturize and nourish your hair, thus somewhat taming the frizz as well.


Here's the ingredients list for those of you who can understand.


As mentioned in the picture earlier on, this shampoo is indeed stuffed with coconuts. In fact the texture of this product is unlike most of your liquid shampoos. This actually feels solid and you can grab a little ball of product with your fingers. It's squishy though so it's like... You just gotta feel it to know it.

Lush SG says :

"Absolutely gorgeous, preservative-free coconut and vanilla shampoo to calm curls and tame tangles. Curly Wurly makes thick, unruly curls behave. It’s bursting with nutritious coconut and heaps of natural butters to help nurture dry hair and eliminate frizz." - Taken from the Lush SG website HERE.

What do I think? Well, what do you think? I bought a tub of it! To be honest, it did smell a little overwhelming in the pot when I took a whiff. But because of the sample given, I took it home, shampooed in it and had coconuts floating around me all day. It leaves a tasty coconut scent in your hair that lasts for nearly the whole day and you just feel so delicious lol.

It really moisturizes your hair too because when I washed it off, I could feel the softness already! I've read a lot of reviews about how some dislike this shampoo due to the coconut bits getting stuck in their hair. Problem easily easily solved. I used Lush American Cream conditioner with this and all the coconut bits just washed away. I guess some people are too lazy to condition but for hair like mine, one day without conditioning is just asking for trouble. Also, to make it easier for this shampoo to lather well, I recommend spreading the product evenly in your hands then mixing with water to lather on really wet hair.

The two things I hate about this is the packaging and the price. I'd much rather squeeze/pump shampoo out from a bottle than gouge it out with my fingers. I understand that this shampoo probably wouldn't ooze out easily like the usual liquid shampoos due to the desiccated coconut but then again, the desiccated coconut doesn't serve much purpose so why not get rid of the coconut bits and put this in a regular shampoo bottle? Oh dear Lush, please consider as I'm not the only one hoping for that.

The price... It's only £9.75 if you get it from the UK... About 20SGD? Whereas if you were to get it from Lush retail outlet in SG, it's 34SGD. I have a job, I spend somewhat wisely, so I can still afford a $34 shampoo to indulge in. But as a staple..? I'd probably have to consider quite awhile. Nevertheless, I've bought my bottle and I've been using it daily, so most likely, I'll repurchase.

Application : ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ (Mafan ah! Doable but just inconvenient.)
Effectiveness : ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ (It's good to me!)
Scent : ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ (I like coconuts. BUTBUTBUT, would still prefer other scents!)
Overall : ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ (It works well, it smells great, but price y u so high?!)

On a side note, HERE's a give away that you peeps can consider taking part in. Not hosted by me though!

Cheers,
Domo

Disclaimer : Oh my I've forgotten about this in previous reviews. This shampoo is paid for with my own $$$!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...