Friday 4 January 2013

Product Review : Lush Cynthia Sylvia Stout Shampoo

Hello my lovely Domokies! Most of you are probably in Lalaland now but I usually blog better in a quiet environment at night so... Here I am :D With a review.

Now I actually meant to do up a lipstick review but I found these pictures that I edited before changing laptops and since they're with the old watermark design, I'll post them up first.

TODAY'S PRODUCT!


Lush Cynthia Sylvia Stout shampoo~~~ (I have the 500g one but was too lazy to photograph it again :x)

LUSH SG says

"Condition, body and shine for wavy, fluffy and frizzy hair. Cynthia Sylvia Stout is made with stout beer, which your great-grandmother probably used to make her hair shine. Stout contains protein and gives hair weight, smoothness and gloss. Excellent for hair which goes frizzy in the damp, Cynthia Sylvia Stout smells delicious, like a brandy, stout and lemon cocktail, and even makes curly hair shiny." - Taken from Lush SG website HERE.


*Coughs coughs* I believe you all know how to use shampoo so lets skip this picture.


Here's the ingredients list and I'm actually surprised when I first saw it. I didn't expect stout to be the first ingredient on the list!

Anywayz, here's my thought on this product.

I was given a sample when I headed into the store one day to ask for a shampoo that works on really frizzy dry hair. I took a whiff of this sample when I got home and I was like PHEWWWWWWW. I'm not a fan of stout or any alcoholic drinks so this smelt... Pretty bad to me. I absolutely hated the scent and was super fearful that the scent would linger long in my hair.

Upon using it in the shower, I could finally catch whiffs of the lemon! Also it somehow reminded me of cinnamon. If some of you hate shampoos that don't foam well like *coughs-blousey-coughs*, rest assured that this lathers fine as long as you're not too stingy with the amount you use. While waiting for my hair to dry, I became addicted to the scent :/ Don't ask me why or how but it was less pungent and the scent felt strangely soothing and warm. LIKE CINNAMON! Me likey~

As for the smooth hair part, it doesn't work if I use this without a conditioner. I must must absolutely must use conditioner with any shampoo I use or my hair will be like a haystack. After pairing my conditioner with CSS, my hair did feel smoother and less frizzy. Also, I thought I smelt heavenly :x

Deng deng deng, it comes down to the price again. You can purchase a 500ml bottle of this CSS for a whopping $48 from Lush SG /.\ It's actually only £14.20 if you were to get it from the UK. Given the current exchange rate, it adds up to $28.40. If you were to spree it in, shipping is definitely below $20... So I'll leave the choice up to you whether it's better to wait and get it at a lower price or if it's better to get it quickly to your convenience at a marked up price.

Application : ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ (I personally prefer a pump when I get a big sized shampoo.)
Effectiveness : ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ (I find it not bad for my hair but hey, get a sample first so you can try :D)
Scent : ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ (I am strangely addicted to the scent :/ Smells better when it lingers in your hair.)
Overall : ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ (Actually, it's only 3 and a half stars because of the steep pricing and the lack of pump but that's personal perspective!)

I'm off to schedule another post before I go catch some zzz!

Love,

Domo

Disclaimer : I bought this shampoo with my own $_$.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...