Sunday 23 October 2011

A Ringo A Day: Practice Makes



Just some stuffs to keep my brush sharp. One of my favorite superheroes of all time is Batman, though granted, I'm not particularly familiar with all the comics as some of my friends are. I love antiheroes, and the fact that Bruce Wayne relies not on some mutant source of superhuman power, but on his quick wit and awesome gadgets endear me to him more so than most of the mainstream comic book heroes.

Speaking of which, Arkham City.



It's out on PS3 and Xbox in the Western hemisphere already, and scheduled to release on November 23 in Japan. I don't own a gaming console though (it would probably destroy my productivity totally if I did), so I'm awaiting the PC release, which is at the earliest, mid November.

Still debating with myself whether I should get it or not. I get pretty addicted to games easily. And from what I heard, the gameplay is rather lengthy. Lots of side quests and stuff. But. Oh. God. BATMAN.



The graphics is AWESOME. The cut-scenes especially, are of cinematic quality. I'm glad Mark Hamill is reprising his role as Joker. It wouldn't be the same without him. This time though, the main antagonist is Hugo Strange, mad-scientist extraordinaire, as voiced by Corey Burton.

On a irrelevant side note, the previous game was loosely based off the graphic novel Arkham Asylum, A Serious House On Serious Earth. If you haven't read it yet, and you're a fan of Batman as I am, do read it. In my opinion, it's one of the best graphic novels for Batman I've ever read (though I confess I haven't read that many).


It's a bit surreal in styling, I suppose. But it's fitting of the subject -- it's an asylum we're talking about, after all.


And of course, the art is awesome. And the best part? NLB haz it.

</fangirl rant>

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...