Monday 19 September 2011

Product Review : My Beauty Diary Vanilla Souffle Face Scrub (我的美丽日记香草泡泡去角质舒芙蕾)

Ya know, I've always watched the Taiwan's very famous and popular beauty show, 女人我最大. One fine day, they happened to be talking about this My Beauty Diary Vanilla Souffle Face Scrub and it got me interested. I mean, vanilla souffle and scrub. How does that not sound tasty and intriguing?!

I also did a quick google search to find more reviews on this product. Surprisingly, there were only yays for this product, so I went ahead and got it.


Mine is the mini bottle, not the retail sized one. This My Beauty Diary Vanilla Souffle Face Scrub is otherwise known as the 我的美丽日记香草泡泡去角质舒芙蕾 in Chinese. What a handful isn't it!


This came along with a Chinese description, type of skin that this is suited for and how to use. It did not come with an ingredients list so there will be none. The way you should use this is just like your Cure or your Meishoku jelly! Dry your hands and spread all over dry skin before gently massaging to remove dead skin.


The nozzle is easy to control and you can easily get a small blob of mousse!


Just like how a hair mousse would look like, you can make this ultra fluffy and huge depending on how much you dispense. It's a nicely whipped texture and would not lose its peaks till you mush it.


After rubbing it gently into your skin, some of the bubbles fizz away and it's really super creamy. Slowly, white bits of your dead skin will start to appear. It feels like a really gentle scrub, on my hand.

My verdict? I HATE THIS. Yes, the very first My Beauty Diary Product that I HATE. Why so? Yes it's a super gentle scrub on your hand because your hand isn't really sensitive. When I used this on my face, there's a whole lot to complain about.

I don't know what kinda stuff they added into this scrub but I'm 100% sure that one of the major ingredients is ALCOHOL. It was SO STRONG that when I squirted it out, I could smell alcohol immediately. It was really strong and overpowering my entire bathroom! I made a really big mistake then, I assumed that the alcohol scent was strong because it was just dispensed.

SO I APPLIED IT ON MY FACE. I could still smell the alcohol and it made me want to hurl. However, in order to do this review, I pushed through with it. THEN IT STARTED BURNING. It was friggin stinging my poor face. I still tried to be a hero and carry on but I didn't think my face could take it. Also I did not want to emerge from the bathroom looking like a lobster. So I rinsed it off.

The next day, I sprouted pimples :) That is how horrible it is. But me being me, after reading all the good reviews only, I had to try again to see if it's really that terrible. I tested it on my hand and yes, the smell was stinging my nose.

I will NEVER buy this again EVER. It's the first scrub that made me hurt and breakout. NO MORE. I trashed this after my second try.


Texture : ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ (Well, it has a nice texture but it's prolly formulated with not nice ingredients.)
Scent : ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ (Alcohol stinks.)
Effectiveness : ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ (It's supposedly gentle because not a lot.)
Overall : ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ (Exfoliates, but stinks, stings and breaks me out!!!)

Cheers,
Chiharu ❤

Disclaimer : I bought this with my own money!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...