Wednesday 7 September 2011

Product Review : Maybelline Hyper Diamonds Liquid Liner

I've noticed that I have tons of Maybelline products lying around unopened. So I decided to open them and try it out. Recently, I opened the...


I do have colored liners but they're the pencil kind. This is a liquid liner, something that I think does not smudge as easily so I was really excited to try it. I was also a little apprehensive because of THIS GLITTER LINER I tried awhile back. 


When I opened it, I thought the purple looked lovely, very luscious and rich.


The brush is a little thick though, it's really hard to line thinly if that's what you're aiming for.


Now I've tried really hard to swatch it as thin as possible but it just didn't work out as well as I wanted it to. For me, that's the downside because it's harder to flick my liner at the end. Here's my attempt.


L - Without flash / R - With flash


L - Without flash / R - With flash



Final shot, looking straight ahead

It looks pretty good right? Except for the fact that my lighting does not do the color any justice. I'm still able to flick my liner out on my first attempt. Now I actually like this liner. Why? As opposed to the Etude House one that has glitters suspended in a clear liquid, this has mostly silver multidimensional color glitters suspended in a rich purple liquid. By multidimensional I mean that the glitters are not flat, they aren't just silver / gold / purple, they can reflect light to produce different colors.

This takes a short time to dry and WILL smudge if you open your eyes then. However once it's dry, it does not budge. Or at least it doesn't smudge but it will flake off a little if you start rubbing at it. I do not think it is waterproof either so beware when it rains!

Other than the fat brush that I think one still can work with, with sufficient practice, I don't see why one wouldn't like it. Unless you don't like purple. On your usual days, you can use this liner to add a little color and funk into your life. Personally I'd recommend for this to be paired with a yellow gold eyeshadow. Both colors will really pop and look beautiful!

I'm sure this is currently still available in Watsons but I'm not sure about the price. You can however ask them about their pricing on their Facebook page!

Texture : ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ (The glitters can be slightly smoother)
Application : ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ (Takes a little bit of getting used to but it's alright for me.)
Lasting power : ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ (No smudging so far :D)
Overall : ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ (To me, this is affordable and it works, so why not?)

Cheers,
Chiharu ❤

Disclaimer : I won this from the previous Maybelline BB face of the week! This does not affect the honesty of my review in any way :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...