Tuesday 17 May 2011

Product Review : Etude House Tear Drop Liner in Pearl White

Long time no reviews everyone! And of course, Happy Vesak Day! Even though it's a public holiday, I'm not slacking my butt off~ Instead, I'm using what precious time I have to edit my photos and do up posts such as this.

The first post shall be about this eyeliner that I've bought sometime ago but completely neglected ever since that sometime ago. Not that it sucks, just read on about the Etude House Tear Drop Liner in Pearl White.

Onto what the product looks like...

Ignore the mess at the back!!!

Comes along with a brush applicator

I hope you can see the brush?

First of all, the brush. Personally I like something more fine? It's a little thick but sure you can still draw precise lines. Refer to the swatches below!

Yeap, it's that chunky

As you can see, the liner doesn't give you a pearly look, it's more glittery. Chunky monkey glitters. Basically, it's as though this product is made of glitters mixed with a clear suspension. So in my honest opinion, it's hard to get an even line? You have to do multiple coats of this to get a nice fully coated line. Of course I don't just waste what I've bought. I found an alternative usage for this but it's still rare because I only use it for a very dramatic look. A glittery white base all over my eyes. And then I counter the glittery-ness by smoking out my eyes with a black eyeshadow. Or some dark intense colors.

Why, let's not forget the people with more sensitive eyes? Here's the ingredients list!

I tried my best capturing this!!!

All in all, you can still give it a shot, I don't see much good things about this though... But anyways, it's super affordable so yea. You can go ahead and try. Personally I wouldn't recommend this to anyone. I'll rather recommend a loose pigment if you really want a pearly shine. This is easily available in Etude House for about... $13.90 or $12.90? Sorry if I get the price wrong, I did mention I bought this quite long ago...

Texture : ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ (One chunky monkey)
Application : ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ (It doesn't goes on very smoothly at all due to the clear suspension liquid thingy)
Lasting power : ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ (Well, it sticks on quite okay but don't rub it unless you like a glittery face)
Overall : ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ (Save your money..?)

Cheers and off to write ANOTHER review,
Chiharu ❤

Disclaimer : As mentioned, product was bought by yours truly!

2 comments:

  1. THANKS for your review!!! I was actually thinking of getting this when I saw it under the 'peach eyeliner' search on eBay!! Whenever I swatched it in shops, it was always too glittery. But I googled reviews, and everyone just generally said it looked 'nice'.
    Thanks for your detailed review :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Anonymous, thanks so much for your compliments! We try as much as possible to describe the products so our readers can understand it better! Hope you enjoy our other reviews as well :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...