Tuesday 3 May 2011

Event : Bio Essence "The Biggest Loser in 7 Days!" Slimming Challenge + ZUMBA Toning Dance Workshop

How was your long weekend my lovelies? Remember how I was aching? I still am! I think Ringo doesn't feel a thing though because... She always doesn't!( ̄へ ̄)Not even after Chinese dance or after an intensive workout. Me on the other hand... I'm basically mush. Like a pudding, you shake me around too much I will crumble T__T

As I am typing this post, I am also burning. Literally. My fats are protesting in "agony" while they DIEEEEEE~ I can't wait for them to perish under the almighty power of the Bio Essence products!!!

Let's continue with the point of today's blog post shall we :D Our very first blogger event!


Arrival at California Fitness! *Thanks Elfaine for leading us there, Ringo and I are the worst direction idiots you'll ever meet!


Everyone had to fill in their forms and me being a self proclaimed fast writer, I finished mine and snapped this photo! The people in yellow are from Bio Essence and they're helping all the bloggers to measure our Arm / Tummy / Thigh size.

               

 The poster and products on sale ~


Ta-dang! We can buy them but I was rushing off for a family dinner afterwards so I didn't have time to shop. ||orz


Our very first friend! *Cues applause~ Tsuriki chan! She's really cute and sweet in RL. I suppose all of us have the same frequency so we got along just fine. xD Pretty right! I linked her blog on her name so just click it to view her own blog~


Chang chang~ Ringo's face in your face xD


While waiting for everyone to arrive, I swiftly whipped out my lousy camera and snapped away!


A familiar face? It's Himeko, another blogger xD We were kinda new and shy, so we didn't approach her and thus we never spoke /.\ Once again, click on her name to get to her blog!


Continues snapping away ~


Still snapping !


The newest member of the Bio Essence Celebrity Choice family! The Inch Loss Body Cream EXTRA Strength!


The projector screen where Faith from Bio Essence patiently explained to us the entire Celebrity choice series in details. We met her once at the 100 volunteer challenge! However, as I was paying attention afterwards I forgot to snap a picture of her \(--)/ *Dismay!* Sorry Faith ~


The girl on the right is Elfaine, she was the one who gave us the opportunity to attend this workshop and we really super appreciate it! Thank you so much :D *Must mention, she's super cute in RL too, why is everyone so cute but not me!!! (Hides away in closet due to self pity)


Of cause, we also must camwhore abit right? ~ <3


"OMG must dance later?!"


RAWRRR~! This is the first evidence that Ringo can only take unglam pictures of me


Evidence no.2, need I say more?


Okay okay, this one still can pass...


And this is me trying to demonstrate an "egg roll" that I learned in Pilates. Obviously I failed and got stuck on my back!!!

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Now for some information regarding the ZUMBA Toning dance. Please note that what you are going to read is extracted from Wikipedia as neither Ringo nor I am well versed in this aspect! Might be slightly rephrased to cut everything shorter.

Basically, Zumba is a dance fitness program created by dancer and choreographer Alberto "Beto" Perez in Colombia during the 1990s. The program combines international music with dance in an effort to make exercise fun. Zumba classes are offered through licensed instructors in more than 110,000 locations in over 125 countries and obviously, Singapore is one of em!

There are different categories of ZUMBA but what we learnt that day was the Toning one so I'll just elaborate on that. Wiki says that ZUMBA Toning blends body-sculpting techniques and specific Zumba moves into one class focusing on calorie-burning and strength-training. Instructors use weighted, maraca-like Zumba Toning Sticks to enhance rhythm and build strength.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

I don't have pictures, but yes we did use those toning sticks and they aren't very light! At first it's all right, but throughout the whole half hour, you gradually get tired and the sticks start to feel like they weigh 10kg each. If I'm not wrong, a whole workout should actually be an hour long but we got the concentrated version of it in half an hour! It felt really great to exercise though. I haven't done that in awhile due to my working schedule unless ferrying about 6-10 litres of water a day counts! I am a beauty advisor, aren't you puzzled at why I need to carry so much water?! ∑(O_O;)

After half an our of intensive ZUMBA dancing, I was sweating like the pig I am. I think everyone was sweating! Sweat means you burnt some calories! Also, if I remember correctly, the instructor, Daniel, also mentioned that the half an hour workshop would burn an estimated 300++ calories :D

*Daniel is also a blogger! A food one~ See the irony? XD Food blogger + Dance instructor! Please view his blog here. DROOLS at the pictures I am seeing...Please be warned! It's late now and if you click on his blog, it is not my responsibility should you get hungry and snack!!!

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Alrighty, this post was supposed to be... Not so long. But the grandma in me decided to shine today! We'll reveal more when the challenge ends and review the products at the same time! Look forward to that and an upcoming haul post just because I psycho-ed Ringo to shop!!!

Before we end this post, here's a picture !


Wondering where the face went..? We thought this would be cuter than a black bar across your face Tsuriki chan!

Hugs,
Chiharu ❤

4 comments:

  1. Aiyo~ Put the face already but still state that it's me! =( nya~

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least no fierce/wonky face ma ~ Look at mine /.\

    ReplyDelete
  3. kekeke I saw my picture!
    I look nice xD
    Talk to me talk to me ^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha hi Himeko! We shy xD Tomorrow try try~

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...