Monday 30 May 2011

Product Review : Maybelline Color® Sensational Lipcolor in #025 Pink Please

It's really hot and bright outside so I'm stay home for now and do up some reviews. I just heard thunder but it's still as bright as ever!!! SO. Here I am reviewing Maybelline's Color® Sensational Lipcolor in #025 Pink Please.


Simple packaging, a little difficult for me because I have the tendency to pluck off the cap from the middle of the tube so mine always gets stuck instead. For this one, the entire reddish purple thing is the cap!


Pink please is quite a popular shade and a lot of make up gurus use it too! One very famous example? Michelle Phan!


Mine is quite short already as you can see, I've used it quite a lot.


This is the swatch on the back of my hand. This lipstick is really weird. As you can see, it's quite a mauve-ish pink on my arms. When you see it on my lips later it's a totally different story.


On my own lips, I'd describe it as more of a pastel pink. No, it's not the pretty peachy pink you see on Michelle Phan, it's this pale pink shade you see on my lips. It's shimmer and glitter free, in fact it's almost matte on my lips. There's only a very very slight sheen as you can see in my lip swatch.

What Maybelline says?


"Fall in love with color, all over again:
• Crisper color from pure pigments
• Creamier feel from nourishing honey nectar
• Lipcolor so rich, so stunning…it’s sensational
• 48 captivating shades"

MY say?

Creamy yes, it slides on quite smoothly BUT, it's not really that nourishing despite the honey nectar. If you have dry lips or chapped lips, you might not want to slap this on. It WILL go on patchy if you don't use a base before hand unless you have naturally pouty and moisturized lips. Any dryness, fine lips and lip flakes will be emphasized so be sure to use a lip balm underneath! You can always try the Maybelline Baby Lips lip balm because I usually pair these two products together.

It is however very pigmented. It goes on opaque on my lips so one coat is sufficient. I haven't tried the other shades though so I can't say that every shade is the same. One thing that bugs me is the scent. I got this when it first came out so it could be that mine was from the faulty batch? Quite a number of people had this problem too. Mine smells like play dough. Not pleasant. This varies with your own preference of course because my guy friend who gave this to me loved the scent. @__@ He says it smells like sweet coconut to him.

Sadly, the Color Sensation Lipcolor range isn't available in Singapore... Bring it in please Maybelline?

Texture : ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ (It's a little too dry on my already dry lips! Works fine with a lip balm though)
Pigmentation : ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ (My color is opaque)
Lasting power : ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ (Because it's of a drier formulation, it tends to "stick" on longer)
Overall : ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ (I wish Maybelline SG would bring it in so I can try the other colors!)

Also, our giveaway is ending!

Cheers,
Chiharu ❤

Disclaimer : I am in no way related to Maybelline. This was given to me as a birthday gift.

2 comments:

  1. Hey I'm wondering what that lip color on Michelle Phan is. Do you happen to know? The one she used in the Close Up White Now ad she did?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Janinay, sorry but I do not know! I'm quite sure it's a shade from Lancome though~

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...