Sunday 29 May 2011

Product Review : Maybelline Baby Lips SPF 20 Lip Balm in #03 Ch (Cherry)

Argh! I didn't do any reviews yesterday! It's because I actually went for a Cozycot x The Spa-Lon bloggers exclusive event. However it wasn't exclusive. I heard they decide to open to event to the public and as long as you have a blog you can register on the day itself. So what happened? They had no estimate of how many people who would be coming. It was what I'd describe as a disaster yesterday. Nothing was like what I and cozycot had conversed on the phone NOR email. Anyway, I'm not thrashing them in this post, I'm waiting for them to rearrange the session and see how it goes.

So that was a mini ranting session but as always, we have to proceed to the product that I'm reviewing today!

It's the...


Maybelline Baby Lips SPF20 Lip Balm in Cherry! Or #03 Ch if according to the bottom of the tube.

For this Lip Balm, it's main purpose is to smooth the lips. I have dry lips most of the time, very dry and rough. It makes my lip products go on somewhat patchy at times so it's really quite irritating. And so when I saw these new series of Baby Lips lip balm, I knew I had to try one because the packaging is so cute too!


I like the fonts on it, so decorative and adorable. Also it's a pastel peachy pink and a pastel-ish green packaging? I'm not sure how to describe this very well but it's just adorable all in all.


As always, I try to include the ingredients list so that people with more knowledge than me can tell if it's gonna be good for them? I usually ignore the ingredients list because I am generally not sensitive to anything? Yet that is. I only know how to read things like Shea Butter and I know for one that it's supposed to be moisturizing or something?


The product inside is white and slightly tinged with a little bit of pink. I'm not sure if you can see it like that so I took another close up.


It's ever so lightly pink if you can see. I don't have a swatch because this is basically almost colorless. If swatched on skin, it simply gives you a glossy swatch with no hints of any color whatsoever. If done on lips, it might actually give you a slight more nude lip? For example I usually have reddish pink lips when I am healthy so if I use this, it'll turn it into a nice nudy pink. Truly this will have to depend on your own natural lip color.

Other than the color, what I love about this is that it really does smoothen my lips and gives me a nice canvas to work on so I can paint on all my lip colors at ease. It softens, smoothen and hydrates my lip, making them more plump and thus there are lesser lines on my lips for the color to sink into. My lips don't crack as much if I use this before other lip products. This lipbalm also goes on really smoothly and I don't have to keep rubbing it back and forth to coat my lips evenly.

I am also NOT a cherry fan. In fact I believe I have Cherryphobia because I will never touch the cherries on cakes or anything cherry related usually. This however smells nothing like cherries. Otherwise it'd be the most fragrant cherry scent I've ever sniffed in my life. This one smells like candy floss, something sweet but definitely not cherry. Another thing you might want to note is that if you're sensitive to scents, you might find that this product's scent does sort of evolve into a spf-ish scent after awhile. Having an SPF of 20 is great for your lips but I'm really sensitive to scents so yea... The only lipbalm with spf that doesn't smell like spf is the Kiehl's #1 lip balm.

Overall, I'd actually suggest for you to get it. There's four flavors for you to choose from


There's not only cherry, but also berry, orange and mint! Take your pick =D These are available at Watsons for $5.90 I think.

Smoothness : ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ (It's really not bad at all.)
Scent : ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ (A little strong and I dislike SPF scents. It's nice before it mutates though!)
Texture : ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ (Glides on really easily and isn't very waxy.)
Overall : ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ (I am so glad Maybelline gave me a whole set of these!!!)

Also, remember to join our giveaway!

Cheers,
Chiharu ❤

Disclaimer : I am no way related to Maybelline. I did win a complete set from Maybelline for being their BB face of the week but this was bought before hand with my own money.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...