Saturday 14 May 2011

Event x Review : Bio-essence "The Biggest Loser in 7 Days" Slimming Challenge and Product Reviews

Click on the image for bigger resolution.

As you all might have known by now, Chiharu and I attended the Bio-essence's challenge this month and Chiharu won! I didn't lose as much inches as she did, but I had quite a good experience with it as well, so here's my take on it. (2X Strength, 2X posts!)

Not my arm lar. This belongs to another blogger~!
So on 8th of May, all of us went back to get our measurements taken.

And not my leg lar~ This also belongs to another blogger, who cannot be named. : x

And the results were astonishing.
Showing off how much flab has been lost from our flabby arms.


And the winners all received a generous amount of Bio-essence products (especially Chiharu who won first place)! They each lost 12.5cm, and 10.5cm respectively. ; A ;

So on to this miraculous product:



Bio-essence gave us two products for review: the Celebrity's Choice Inchloss Shower Scrub and Celebrity's Choice Inchloss Body Cream (Extra Strength). 

For more details on the products themselves, you may visit Bio-essence's website or Chiharu's review on them. (For my post today I'll focus more on my personal experience instead!)

I am considered rather thin (slightly underweight in terms of BMI), but even so, there are areas which would benefit from more toning (tummy and thigh for me especially). For those looking to lose weight, the Celebrity's Choice Inchloss series on its own does not promote weight loss, but rather helps you to tone up your flabs to achieve a slimmer silhouette.

And all in all, it works! I'm rather surprised by the results actually. People even asked me if I have dieted after that week even though in actuality, I've been splurging on buffets and food (more on that later). : x  My thighs and arms didn't lose much inches because I've been exercising regularly, but my tummy lost quite a bit.

The products contain ingredients like ginseng, ginger, capsicum, caffeine and pineapple, so you would think they might stink (I hate the smell of pineapples especially), but surprisingly, both of them smell quite pleasant. In fact, they didn't smell spicy at all, and instead was a mild floral sweet scent. 

If you have a sensitive nose like me though, don't take too hard a whiff at it! Like Chiharu mentioned, you might sneeze (or worse, get a bit of a runny nose).

I have sensitive skin too so I was more cautious with the application amount. For those who are concerned, do a patch test first (especially for the body cream)! The shower scrub didn't burn at all for me though. I think it actually depends on your body heat and surrounding temperature, so experience may differ. Be careful not to let it run to your sensitive areas though! It exfoliates the skin quite well, and aids in the absorption of the body cream later.

For the body cream, the heat level was definitely a lot higher. First-time users may want to apply a lesser amount first to get used to the heat. For people with sensitive skin, your skin may itch a little, but be careful not to scratch it! Instead, take a small towel and gently wipe the cream off and apply a smaller amount. 
The heat actually comes on gradually, so if at first you don't experience any heat sensation, wait a while before applying more. Don't be 'kiasu', if you apply too much, the heat sensation may actually be too much to handle!  The heat sensation actually lasts for the whole day (depending on the amount you put), and is dependent on your body heat and the environment's temperature. So for those who work indoors in air-conditioned offices, there will be a lesser heat sensation compared to if you were playing sports right under the sun. 

Additionally, take note to not touch your eyes/ nose area after application. For those who wear contacts, put them on first before you apply these products! I don't think any of us really want our eyes to burn for real.  


Scent : ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ (It's not the most fragrant product, but hey, it's a slimming body scrub!)
Burning sensation : ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ (It's so minute I think I might have just imagined it.)
Effectiveness : ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ (It's really good for exfoliating, but get the Body Cream for best results.)
Overall : ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ (What are you waiting for, get it now!)

The Inch Loss Body Cream EXTRA Strength :
Scent : ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ (Chiharu loved it for its fruity scent, but I prefer milder fragrances~)
Burning sensation : ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ (In case of fire, please dial 995.)
Effectiveness : ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ (The attack was Super Effective!)
Overall : ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ (What, you mean you haven't already bought it?)


Signing off,
Ringo

Disclaimer: All photos taken from Bio-essence Facebook page (unless watermarked).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...