Monday 2 May 2011

Bits of Chiharu : It's late

And I've never forgotten this song. I love Yui Yoshioka. I never knew of her before the movie "Midnight Sun" / "Taiyou no Uta" / "タイヨウのうた". I was queuing up for some other movie's tickets and I heard her voice. I immediately looked for the screen that was showing her preview.

Of course, I watched the movie where she plays the lead role of "Kaoru Amane". I'm gonna skip all the medical terms and make it simple. She has a disease that will lead to death if exposed to the deadly UV rays. Normal people get pigmentation or tanned but she will die ||orz

Typically in such shows, there will be romance for sure. And yes, she met a boy whom she fell in love with, who in turn fell in love with her and her voice / guitar skills. As the movie progresses, her condition deteriorates and gradually, she couldn't play the guitar by herself anymore... I'm not gonna be a spoiler, watch it for yourself!!! Go find it. It's really worth a watch. Please remember to have on stand by a huge bucket and many boxes of tissues. I cried my heart and eyes out watching the movie.

The song of the movie has since been embedded in my heart, my mind and my soul. I'm not kidding. Listen to it and feel it. "Goodbye Days".



This is the live version, where she did her signature move of lighting a candle. She sang this without a mic.



Last but not least, one of her newest songs, "Your Heaven". It's really interesting because she did the entire song in complete darkness. LIVE.



There're always songs we'll remember, because their lyrics spoke to us. They sang the words we could never say.

I shall not be emo T____________T

Cheers,
Chiharu ❤

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...