Tuesday 17 May 2011

Food Review: Go Go Curry


A couple of weeks ago, after my discussion with my friends for the animation project, we went to Go Go Curry at Orchard 313 for dinner. Before that, we had lunch at Tiong Bahru Plaza’s Subway, went to the National Library at Bugis, walked to TCC beside NAFA, then to Douby Xchange, and finally Harris Planetes at Orchard 313. Basically, it was a long and interesting day, but I have been mind-wiped, and thus cannot speak a word of it. (´ Д `)

Go Go Curry is located at the top floor where Food Republic is at 313. They also have a branch at Ion Orchard, at the basement level.


Another friend and I ordered the Grand Slam to share. It’s supposed to be a single portion, but it’s seriously too much for one person. And uhh, there was originally one more sausage, but my friends took it off the plate and repositioned it while I was away buying drinks. I didn’t realize it till it was much too late. (´ Д `)

We managed to exchange the normal eggs to lava eggs as well, bwahaha, for free!

Taste-wise, it’s rather decent for its price. I like the shrimp, the eggs (duhh), and the sauce is pretty good as well. As with your conventional Japanese curry, the sauce isn’t all that spicy at all. In fact, Go Go Curry’s sauce is more peppery and thicker in texture. The chicken and pork was a little too dry for my taste though.

But for those of you who haven’t tried it before, I recommend getting the Grand Slam to share with a friend. You get to try all the combos (shrimp, sausage, chicken katsu, pork katsu) at a reduced price of $9.25 per person, and if you’re afraid that you won’t be full, you can always order more rice!

For me, even half a Grand Slam is a little too much. The rice is Japanese rice, and perhaps it’s only psychological, but I always feel full faster when I eat Japanese rice. (°◇°;)

Taste: ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆  (Decent for its pricing, though hardcore Japanese food lovers may want to lower their expectations.)
Ambience: ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ (Count it as 3.5 stars for 313 Branch, and 3 for Ion branch. The 313 branch has a cozy nice corner with a good view.)
Value: ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ (Pretty cheap for decent Japanese food!)
Service: ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ (Prompt & polite. They gave us the lava eggs for free, after all.)
Overall: ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ (Will go back again!)

Signing off,
Ringo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...