Monday 30 May 2011

Product Review : Chanel Rouge Allure Extrait De Gloss in #57 Insolence

Most of the reviews I have done awhile back are mostly regarding drugstore products. Today I'm going to review a more high end lip gloss and see if high end is really of better quality.

I'm going to review a lipgloss that I bought from Chanel awhile ago and it's the Chanel Rouge Allure Extrait De Gloss in #57 Insolence! First we will proceed to look at it's packaging.


I was a little blur when I took the product shots because I completely forgot to take the top part of the lipgloss that has kind of a gold plating with the Chanel logo on it. Other than that, this product does have a little weight to it so it feels more sturdy and the whole black packaging makes it look sleek. It's quite a long and "fat" tube of gloss though because it actually does take up quite some space due to it's rectangular ish packaging.

The one thing I don't like is that it's a fingerprint magnet. It's not that obvious in the picture but seriously my fingerprints are all over it.


Random picture to show you the Chanel word~


The thing about this lipgloss is the wand. Look below for a close up!


From this angle, it looks like your typical gloss applicator but truly it's not. Flip it sideways and this is what you'll get.


Can you see? It's very similar to the Lioele 3D Enamel Gloss that I reviewed awhile back. This applicator is slightly more curved than the Lioele one though so it's actually better for application because it will fit around the curves of your lips.


This is the swatch on my arm...

L - Before / R - After

And the swatch on my lips!

So I personally feel that the lip swatch is a little misleading. If according to the picture, it looks like just a sheer pink gloss. Truly it is actually rather pigmented and it's just that my natural lip color is quite pigmented too? It actually goes on as a stronger pink, a little reddish too. I believe that is because the gloss is semi translucent so it mixes with my natural lip color.

What Chanel says?
"CHANEL reveals the next generation of lipgloss – with colour so rich and shine so intense, it could only be inspired by the iconic lipstick, ROUGE ALLURE. Bold colour combines with the smoothest, silkiest gel texture for luxurious wear and deeply dramatic effect. Lips feel comfortable – never sticky or tacky – and look luminous, full and sensuous for hours. The double-sided, flocked applicator is beveled to deliver ultra-precise definition." - Quoted from Chanel

MY say?
By bold color, I guess it depends on which color you choose. Mine is more semi translucent than a opaque color so it's not what I'd describe as bold. What they say about the texture is true though because it feels like jelly on my lips. Very slick and smooth, exactly like what they said - gel texture.

It's not sticky or tacky at first while it's still freshly applied but as it starts to dry and disappear off my lips, the stickiness comes in. My lips do peel a little with this gloss but that's because I have really really dry lips that are sensitive to lip products. I also dislike that it's scent free. I know that's supposed to be a good thing but I really do prefer scented lip products.Oh, because it's not very sticky, you actually do not get long hours of wear with this gloss. It fades off in around 4 hours or so and even more if I talk a lot / eat / drink.

However with this gloss, it really does make my lips look a little more full and pouty. I wouldn't say it has mega shine but it leaves a really pretty sheen on the lips. The applicator does deliver precision and it picks up sufficient gloss so I don't have to dig around in my tube.

So is high end really more worth it? If you're someone who prefers to stick with luxury brands or have the extra cash to spare, by all means go ahead. It's not a bad lipgloss that's for sure. However if you're not willing to fork out that much for a gloss yet you want something with the same jelly texture, you can always try the Candy doll lipgloss. There a lot of lipgloss out there in the world and I'm sure you don't have to stick to just one.

Glossiness : ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ (Not mega, just a sheen)
Pigmentation : ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ (The color I picked out wasn't very intense)
Lasting power : ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ (It's always the case, the more not sticky it is, the faster it'll fade~)
Overall : ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ (It's what I'd consider a good lipgloss but a little too pricey for me!)

Also remember to join our GIVEAWAY as it's ending soon!

Cheers,
Chiharu ❤

Disclaimer : I am not affiliated with Chanel and I bought this gloss with my own money.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...