Wednesday 4 May 2011

Reviews and Chi's life : Sensitive nose + Fragrance free = ❤ ! (Kiehl's 20% off..?)

Hello Domokies! I suppose because of work pushing me to the limit previously, it has finally taken it's toll on me. I am sick. BUT still good enough to post this really random post (≧▽≦)

I'm a fan of nice smelling products to be really honest. I know that fragrance can be a skin irritant especially to people with sensitive skin. But sometimes when I'm doing my skincare, I really like to indulge in the wonderful scents and set my mind at ease...

But who would ever guess that during flu, my nose is super sensitive!!! I sneeze at the slightest scent of anything o(╥﹏╥)o So whenever I am sick, I am really glad I have some fragrance free products on hand... For instance, Kiehl's!

And speaking of which, did you know that Kiehl's is going to have a 20% off sales from 6-8th May? Their regulars would probably know this is for all those who don't! Because I don't have time to do in depth reviews for everything, I'm going to simply summarize the products that I personally find worth buying! Please note that Kiehl's is fragrance free and what you smell is the product itself! (Usually not appealing unless they contain certain fruit/flower extracts)

Also, they have a new promotion where by the first 20 customers to any Kiehl's outlet daily will receive a 40ml Calendula Herbal Extract Toner. Here's the promo picture! Basically the 40ml one is the same one I showed in my previous review.


Now moving on to the reviews...

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

For people with really super oily skin, and I do mean super oily like not only on T-zone but on your ENTIRE face, you will adore the Kiehl's Blue Herbal Astringent Lotion. I do seriously mean you will only adore it if your skin is double confirm chop oily. Otherwise it will peel and feel tight!

Picture taken from Nordstrom

This is what it looks like, sensitive skin beware! Never ever use this if you have sensitive skin because Alcohol is the second ingredient in the list! Also it contains blue coloring to make it look cool. Also, I'm not sure why but once you put this on, serums and moisturizers that you use afterwards will just ball up on your skin /.\ Not a very nice sight. I panicked the first time I tried this. I learnt the hard way that I'm combination, not pure oily!

You can read more about it on Kiehl's website here.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////


Next up is my personal favorite toner. The scent of it does not irritate my nose at all despite it's current sensitivity towards fragrance! It's the... Calendula Herbal Extract Alcohol Free toner! Remember my detailed review here? I've changed my mind, while I was nearing that time of the month, I started having a little breakout and this toner really helped!

Picture taken from Nordstrom

I really like it now but at the same time, I'd rather spend the $110 investing in a pimple cream >o< It's up to you to consider, it does clear and soothe the skin. So if you can justify spending $110 on the biggest bottle, feel free to do so! My skin isn't that sensitive, so... Hada Labo will do fine for now! But the petals are sooo... Pretty xD

You can read more about it on Kiehl's website here.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Now this next product is one that I really love and would repurchase once I run out. It's the Açaí Damage-Repairing Serum. From what I know, Açaí berries contains 15x as much antioxidant as red grapes. What are antioxidants? Let me put it this way, instead of your skin cells being damaged which leads to having dull skin, the antioxidants sacrifice themselves so that your skin cells are safe and thus prevents your skin from looking dull/tired. In even simpler terms, this product can let your skin shine ~ ~ ~ And by shine I mean RADIANCE.

Picture taken from Nordstrom

This serum is extremely lightweight and absorbs almost instantly into the skin. It smells sort of fruity but with a more overwhelming sour note to it. Still it's not that bad. According to Kiehl's, this product is 100% of natural origin and it's Paraben and Silicone free! My face really has been brighter after using this and it doesn't turn dull as quickly. I really really like this serum! I forgot the price of this though...

I recommend this if you don't want the product that I'm talking about just below, which gives off a warm sensation that you may not like.

You can read more about it on Kiehl's website here.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Another favorite of mine that I am considering repurchasing is the Powerful-Strength Line-Reducing Concentrate. You know how people usually have deep expression lines on their forehead especially when they lift their brows? I don't have that. Instead, I have tons of fine lines when I do that. So basically, I'm that paranoid. Before I blabber more, here's how it looks like.

Picture taken from Nordstrom

This formula is supposedly "waterless" so it's really super creamy and thick. When you apply this, there's supposed to be some warm sensation on the face due to the 10.5% Pure vitamin C. I however found that sensation really pleasant and soothing. Especially on a cold day, I like to warm myself up and this sentence probably sounds really weird to alot of people. I haven't really seen an improvement in my lines BUT this product really really does improve the texture and appearance of your skin. My skin is also super radiant with this product!

I really recommend you to get this if your skin is super dull because a dosage of 10.5% Vit C will definitely do you good and pack a punch of radiance to your face!


You can read more about it on Kiehl's website here.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////


Next up is the Rare Earth Pore Cleansing Masque. This is one of my favorites too because this mask makes my face feel really clean! The clay is really very soft and easy to apply. I've tried others before but this is seriously the softest and easiest to spread ~

Picture taken from Nordstrom

This one costs $45 and I think it's worth a try. It helps to exfoliate your skin and minimize the appearance of pores. Face feels super fresh after washing it off! Now that there's going to be a sale, I'd say go for it!


You can read more about it on Kiehl's website here.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////


This next one is an eye cream. Alot of us have fine lines around our eyes nowadays, including Ringo and I! But Ringo's lines are far worse than mine xD Introducing the Line-Reducing Eye-Brightening Concentrate! Similar to the one for the face that I've mentioned above, this contains 10.5% pure Vit C as well~

Picture taken from Nordstrom

I've been using this for awhile, and my fine line really has reduced and so has my eye bags. I guess that's because of the ingredient called "Haloxyl". I don't want to elaborate here because I'll just be repeating what the Kiehl's website says! Once again, it does give that warm sensation that I do not quite feel as much as the face one and I suppose that is because my fingertips are usually warm enough? Not sure if that makes sense.

People with SENSITIVE eyes do take note because Ringo used this and her eyes were sensitive to this. Instead of a warm sensation it burned!


You can read more about it on Kiehl's website here.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////


Last item that I will repurchase also is the Epidermal Re-Texturizing Micro-Dermabrasion.

Why go and do a facial when you can do this at home? :D 
Why go for something that costs a bomb but you can DIY at home at a way way lower price? 

I really must rave about this product, it's super finely milled and it does NOT hurt your face at all!!! Supposedly what I've learnt about this product is that it not only exfoliates on the surface, it helps to re-texturize your skin as well. My face always feels so soft and smooth to the touch after using this and when I examine my strawberry nose in the mirror it is non existent ~

Picture taken from Nordstorm

Super hearts this product. Also I feel like there's a need to mention this. For all of you who don't know this already, you should only exfoliate 2-3 times a week and to NEVER EVER use this and another scrub on the same day!!! A scrub or a micro dermabrasion exfoliates your face. So do NOT use them together.

I nearly fainted when I saw this person blog about the "correct" steps of a facial treatment and she stated to use a scrub and do micro dermabrasion on the same day. Please my dear Domokies, you will be scrubbing your face off. It will lead to sensitivity of the skin instead! You should ONLY exfoliate a maximum of once a day and at least wait 24 hours before exfoliating again even if what you are using is just a gentle scrub.

*If you have sensitive skin or acne skin, please do not use anything that contains exfoliating beads no matter how fine it is. It will agitate your skin/pimples.


You can read more about it on Kiehl's website here.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

That's all for my recommendations! Please let me state that you do NOT have to buy anything or everything I've mentioned. These are just products that I've tried and found to be terrific on my skin. So if you think Kiehl's is not for you, feel free to try other brands! Eventually we'll always be able to find something our skin loves!

Meanwhile, I hope that this little series of review has helped and you would be able to choose what you want from the sales if you haven't made up your mind already! Look forward to our giveaway that's happening soon once we have enough followers/likes to give stuff away to ||orz

Love,
Chiharu 


*Products mentioned are those that I have used before. Pictures are extracted from Nordstrom's website as I no longer own some of the products and would like to keep the post consistent. I have linked each product to the page so that it is less troublesome for readers to navigate on the website.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...