Tuesday 17 May 2011

Product Review : Skinfood Gold Caviar Moist Brightening Powder Ball

Woohoo! Three reviews in a row! Not awesome but still a personal record. My role model is Temptalia. She's so awesome and she does soooooo many reviews a day! My photos aren't of as high quality as hers but still, I'm trying. I'll get an awesome camera once I save up sufficient funds for it!

Also, let me say that I sincerely appreciate every like I've received on FB!

Onto the product, another favourite of mine yet again.( ̄へ ̄)Poor pocket. I also bought this long ago and have been using it quite frequently since then. It's quite hard to finish though.

I'm round and fat!

Cute right? I like the color and that little design on the cover. Let me tell you, the contents of this product is even cuter!

Screw open the lid and...

What's this! Brush included! Yay~

Now we take out the brush and...


This is actually a sticker than can be peeled off to reveal a sieve. Now I didn't remove the seal and I bet you're wondering why. This is why. Take off the cover again...

So appealing! Like candies, so colorful ^ w ^

Balls. Cute little balls. How the heck can this fit through the sieve?! No, you can't just shake it really hard and pray that the powder will fall through the sieve because these little balls are hard I tell you. You can pick it up between your fingers and squeeze. I promise that it wouldn't just disintegrate into shimmer dust.

I think the packaging is a little wonky but it's cute at the same time. Just look at those candies! I'm a sucker for such stuff and no doubt, I'm sucking it up. Just too adorable to resist!

Okay, now you should also be wondering... Why so many colors for a highlighter?! Actually it's a combination of these because you want to combat different kind of "darkness". Gives an overall brightening effect to your face. That's what the internet and other's say. Personally I beg to differ because when I swatch it, it's always the same color. No amazing rainbows. Here's my swatch!

I had to keep piling it on to get this swatch!

Very subtle actually. What you see above is the hard work of dipping my finger in and desperately rolling around trying to get more product on my finger. When I put this on my cheekbones, there's actually no glitters, more of a sheen. Subtle yet obvious at the same time, if that makes sense. I use this on my nose bridge too because well, I want it to look slimmer?

This highlighter basically gives you these beautiful glow, mainly gold so that it blends in and looks more natural. NOT frosty at all. I hate frosty highlighters. Like a metallic shine on your face!!! This is why I never ever use white to highlight my face, white isn't anyone's color unless you're deathly pale. As white as a sheet of paper. Then maybe white is okay. Or unless it's some runway kind of look.

Oh and you'll be amazed, this product actually smells kinda nice..? I don't mean superbly fragrant but like a powdery floralish kinda scent.

You can get this from Skinfood outlets in Singapore I think. But I have a feeling it's severely overpriced. I got mine from Korea. You should too because it will save you a hell lot of ka-ching. Find someone to CP for you or find a blogshop, it should be easily available online!

Texture : ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ (Rather finely milled to me!)
Pigmentation : ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ (Not superb but isn't that why it's so natural?)
Lasting power : ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ (Lasts for awhile till I rub my face and smear it or my oilies melts it off)
Overall : ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ (Not a bad product, I quite like it!)

Off to bugis street when it's about to rain! Sobs~

XOXO,
Chiharu ❤

Disclaimer : I bought this too!

2 comments:

  1. Isn't this a dupe of the more expensive Guerlain Meteorites Perles? Do you know how the two compare?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rachel! I can't give you any comments with regards to the Guerlain Meteorites Perles because I have never tried nor own it. This Skinfood one's pretty awesome for me though, the shimmers are really fine so you won't end up like a disco ball!

    It's a personal thing because I will never spend this much on a highlighter!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...