Tuesday 10 May 2011

Event x Review : Bio Essence "The Biggest Loser in 7 Days!" Slimming Challenge Results x Product Reviews !

So you've all seen the first post, are you ready for the revelation of the results? I have to warn you first, this is one of the lengthiest post you'll EVER see because it includes the products, the event and what happened after the event!

Let's recap a little bit... If you all remember, on 30th April, Ringo and I attended a workshop held by Bio essence at California Fitness... If you need a little more visual, refer to the post here. Each blogger went home with a set of products from the Celebrity's Choice series that included the newest member of the Celebrity's Choice series.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

I present to you from the Celebrity's Choice series, the Inch Loss Shower Scrub and the Inch Loss Body Cream EXTRA Strength!


The two goodies given to us by Bio-essence!


Here are the instructions on how you should use it. Let's move on!

As always, we start from the beginning, in the shower! Which means we will be talking about the shower scrub first.


Here's what Bio-essence says about their scrub :

"A revolutionary product that promotes blood and oxygen circulation while showering for a smoother, firmer and slimmer looking body. It contains Bio Energy Fluid, Bio Mineral Amino Acid Essence, Capsicum, Ginger, Ginseng and Pineapple Essence to stimulate the slimming and firming process while encouraging rapid cell renewal. It also deeply cleanses & exfoliates to remove dead skin cells during shower."

The star ingredients are as seen above in the picture along with their description.

They also have a rating system for the heat level and the firming speed. For the shower scrub, its heat level is rated as 2/5 and the firming speed is at 1/5. It's not a whole lot but then again, how many scrubs out there have this effect?

Moving on, we have the body cream which is to be used after the shower.

 
Once again the star ingredients are as shown in the picture along with the descriptions. For the sake of all our poor eyes, here's what Bio-essence says about their newest member!

"This body cream is power packed with unique and natural bio-heat active ingredients such as Bio Mineral Amino Acid Essence & Bio Energy Fluid to greatly enhance the absorption and effectiveness of the active ingredients. It also helps speed up the reduction of stubborn fatty deposits under the skin to achieve amazing slimming results of ½ inch off arms, tummy, thighs and legs in just 7 days! Feel the tingling heat sensation immediately after application, helping to promote body shaping, contouring and firming of skin instantly for a slimmer silhouette. What’s more, it also works to help reduce the appearance of stretch marks, moisturize and smoothen skin while promoting digestion and relieving bowel problems. Experience the pleasant fragrance with new increased heat sensation every time you massage the cream. It is the sign of the process to a slender you."

As you've noticed, the ingredients are somewhat the same because this series targets the same thing except for their bust cream, and that is to burn the flabs and firm our skin! So then you'll wonder, really? Can this product really give me a slimmer silhouette? I'm sure all of you want a yes. And it is a yes, only if you do have a proper diet and maybe an exercise routine?


///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////


Let me share my experience with all of you! I'm a really lazy person. I am seriously like a couch potato because I really can just sit and rot at home the whole day just by watching TV or gaming. Then a miracle happened! This product came into my life. Of course at this point of time, I am a healthier person, I don't gobble down all my food and I refrain from snacking on fatty/junk food. I still didn't exercise though.

I did however use the products diligently day and night. Before I continue with chunks of words, here's what the products look like.


The cream is on the left and the scrub on the right


This is the scrub, can you see the tiny beads? It didn't foam a lot in this picture but let me assure you that it foams well in the shower!

My say on the scrub is that, despite all the scary and spicy ingredients, it smells good. It doesn't smell like anything spicy but do be warned that if you have a sensitive nose, you might catch a whiff of the spiciness that isn't very apparent. I don't mean the smell but it's like when you get pepper in your nose, you just sneeze.

I would have to say that the scrub doesn't burn at all? I'm quite thick skin IMHO and I didn't feel any burning despite massaging the product on my body and letting it sit for awhile. I did hear that some other bloggers felt the burning though! Be careful with this product because you don't want this to get into your eyes! Also do note that this is quite liquid-ish in texture so you want to be careful with how much you pour out.

As for the cream, it's to be applied after the shower scrub because if you have dead skin all over, the product wouldn't be able to penetrate as well and it might not be as effective.Similarly, I apply this cream on the areas I want to slim and firm and massage it in. This cream smells lovely, like apples and raspberries! Absorbs really easily for a cream and leaves my skin feeling soft and smooth. Great multi-tasking product isn't it?

How to massage? After you spread the cream all over, massage in circular motions but focus on moving upwards, or more towards the heart. Why? I don't really know why towards the heart, it's just a tip from the famous Taiwan beauty show "女人我最大". As for the upwards motion, it's because we want it to "defy" gravity! You don't want saggy skin so you have to defy gravity :/ Do take note not to scratch your nose/lips or rub your eyes after applying this cream because trust me, it burns. I was one of the clumsy ones who did that!!! Also, you can put this on your booties like I did but never your boobies!

FYI, this product is rated 5/5 for both heat level and firming speed! This is one hot mama so don't apply too much at one go! Slowly build the layers like you would with a foundation xD For me it usually burns for around 1 hour before subsiding. However it's meant to have a 24hour burning effect. It could be me being thick skin though.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

If you all remembered, the product claims that you will lose 1/2 inch in 7 days. And after 7 days, you'll be amazed at how many inches I lost. I'm not going to put my stats up here because I am a fatty and I don't need anyone else to know o(╥﹏╥)o

Basically, I lost about 1/2 an inch for each of my limbs except my right thigh which only lost about 0.2 inch. My tummy however lost about 3 inches!!! Sum them up and I'll have lost about 5 inches within only 7 days! Needless to say, I won! \(^ ^)/ Personally I really feel that the reason I lost was because I'm the fattest blogger. More fats = more flabs = more inches to lose!

Summary for each product before I reveal the generous prizes given to me by Bio-essence!

The Inch Loss Shower Scrub :

Scent : ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ (It's not my favorite scent but I'm pretty impressed with how it doesn't smell spicy!)
Burning sensation : ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ (I honestly didn't feel anything but this is just me~)
Effectiveness : ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ (Removes my dead skin and preps it for better absorption!)
Overall : ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ (Buy it!!! Worth it!!!)

The Inch Loss Body Cream EXTRA Strength :
Scent : ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ (I love fruity scents and how this scent lingers on me like perfume!)
Burning sensation : ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ (Like I said, one hot mama!)
Effectiveness : ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ (The results are the best evidence you can find)
Overall : ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ (Love it, hearts it, repurchase it for sure!)

I super hearts these products and I believe they can be found at Watsons/Guardians/(maybe) NTUC? If you only want to invest in one, GRAB THE CREAM!!!

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////


GOODIES GALORE NOW!!! Enough of the words, on with the pictures!


Omg look at how generous they are! A total of 10 retail sized products!!! Are you drooling yet..?


LOOK. The entire range of the bird nest series! I kept scratching my itchy heart ever since the day it proved to be more effective than my Hada Labo but I kept hesitating. So glad I get to try these!


The Bio-essence 24K Bio-Gold Eye Contour Lifting Serum with Bird's Nest Essence. My mom has been using this since forever and I received this on Mother's Day... So yea, you guessed it, it's now officially hers!


We have... MORE BB CREAMS YAY! I can never get enough of BB creams. Bio-essence BB all smell exceptionally good! Have you tried them yet? ;)


Deep Cleansing Milk with ATP


Tanaka White Ultimate Whitening & All Spots Fading Cream. This is also claimed by my mom because she has spots and I don't!


Yay for sleeping mask! These are superb for lazy bums like me~


Deep Exfoliating Gel with ATP. We all need to exfoliate no matter what skin types!

THANK YOU BIO-ESSENCE!!!

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////



This next part is optional. We bloggers went out and had lunch together (^∇^) Clara and Elfaine didn't join in though but they will next time!!!

All the below pictures koped from Yijing's FB! Hungry = never take pictures .__.

We went to...


RamenPlay!


Choose food must camwhore! xD
From L-R, Ringo/Chiharu/Tsuriki/Himeko/Yijing



Two is never too much!
From L-R, Ringo/Chiharu/Tsuriki/Himeko/Yijing


This is my spicy ramen that isn't kidding at all. Me and Tsuriki ordered this and nearly burst into flames! She didn't finish hers but me trying to act hero and burn my tummy finished the entire bowl!


I think this is Yijing's ramen. I was so hungry and obsessed with my own bowl of food that I totally did not see other's food ( > . < )


I believe this is either Ringo's ramen or Himeko's. Cannot blame me that I forgot which is which, I am a PIG.


Himeko and Tsuriki wanted to eat Cold Stone's Ice cream afterwards so the rest of us stood outside and camwhore in natural lighting! Ringo looks blur!


I am attempting to be cute but I think I totally failed.


Attempt 2, still fail because of crooked finger T___T


This is my personal favorite. I never expected myself to look decent *ahem cute* in specs because I've always hated them since young~ So in this pic I koped Ringo's specs and thus she isn't looking in the right direction!!! I think.

There are more pictures but they're with Tsuriki! Wait for her to post then I go and kop also LOL. It was a damn good outing man, we all got along so well and chat non-stop you'd be terrified if you weren't one of us! One outing is not enough, we're all going to Kbox/KTV soon! All together!

Super looking forward to it~

Love,
Chiharu ❤

Disclaimer : Products mentioned in this post are sponsored/given to me by Bio-essence. That does not in any way affect my opinion on these products. I only review products after using them for at least a week.

2 comments:

  1. creativity of writer is purely impressive. It has touched to the level of expertise with his writing. Everything is up to the mark. Written perfectly and I can use such information for my coming assignment.โบ ท็ อก หน้า เรียว

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...