Saturday 21 May 2011

Product Review : Murad Skin Perfecting Primer Matte Finish and Eye Lift Illuminator

So about 2 days ago, I did a post on the Murad Event that I went to about a week ago. And then it was really late and I had work tomorrow. So there wasn't any reviews. And then there was yesterday. But I went out with Ringo, Tsuriki and Himeko! Elfaine and Yijing couldn't come :( It's okay Elfaine, we'll meet up again once you return to SG!

So I only reached home at nearly 3am? Which is why I am finally doing the reviews today! Sorry for the wait everyone!

WARNING. EXTREMELY LONG POST AHEAD.

On to the products! Let us take a look at the stuff I returned home with...


Unbox them!


Generous eh? I gave the mini primer to Ringo because well. Only one blogger from a blog could go and so Ringo couldn't. So at least she gets the mini!


The hybrids...


The two main products posing for the shots


///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////


Before we move on, let me tell you more about the Murad Hybrids. We all know skincare, we all know make up. So, skincare + makeup = Murad Hybrids! Of course, they do have their own unique properties which I will talk about. Read on, the Murad Skin Perfecting Primer Matte Finish!


The ingredient list of the primer for the more sensitive skin people...


The description of the primer and how to use it.

What Murad says about their Skin Perfecting Primer? (I got the matte one)

"Hybrids™ Skin Perfecting Primer Matte Finish
This 2-in-1 problem solver provides a shine-free finish that creates a smooth, resilient canvas while evening skin texture and tone. Now mask your skin concerns while you resolve them!

Additional features and ingredients:
Pore Factor-5 minimizes the appearance of pores while balancing oil production
Adaptive Shade Technology creates a perfect skin tone match
Subtle tint evens tone to help disguise flaws"

Of course, afterwards you do start wondering, does it really? If I were the fairest or darkest of them all, this product would match my skin perfectly? For darker skintones I can't be sure. But for the fairest, you might want to test this product out first. Let me show you why.

L-R : Matte primer, dewy primer, illuminator and the perfector

Excuse the blurry shot okay, I took this very briefly at the event itself because not every product is given to us in the end. Basically the primers are supposed to be of the same shade but if you look carefully, you can see that the dewy finish primer is a little more yellow and darker than the matte finish one. Even as I spread it out you can still see it. The difference is not only in the color, the dewy finish primer also has a few glittery particles that wouldn't show up in pictures.

However because it is supposed adaptable to all skintones in terms of shades, I decided to show all of you what it looks like fully blended into my arm.


Yeap. There you have it. I took the after picture 15 minutes later. I recommend fair skinned ladies to test it out first just in case =)

I'm proud of myself for figuring out a new way of testing product coverage! Because then I don't have to doodle my hands with eyeliner (^∇^)

BEHOLD. THE MOLE ON MY ARM!


I swear that this picture was taken in the EXACT same lighting. The difference in skintone is because of the primer. Mole is still very visible. Only very slightly covered. It does help a little in making my skintone more even though.

I do like that it is really light. Feels like nothing on your skin! But at the same time it's so light that it does not have any coverage at all! Also my pores are still visible okay. It also preps my skin well for any BB cream or foundation afterwards. It glides on really smoothly after using this primer which is what I do like!

Another problem with this product is that it comes off in little flakes after putting this on. I'm not attempting to seek help here. If Murad does not like my review, I'm sorry. As a luxury brand, I think bad feedbacks should be taken too. You don't just brush it off or get upset. It should be accepted graciously and not putting the blame on my face. I don't want to state what has happen though. For more evidence that I'm not the ONLY one that dislikes this, please visit the trustworthy MAKEUPALLEY. MUA only rated it 2/5 at the point of time while I chanced upon it. I personally gave it 3/5 if you scroll down to see my overall ratings below.

Honestly, I would love this product more if it had a little more coverage and if it were a little lighter in color. If it were purely a skincare product, I might haven given it a better review too because my skin feels really soft and plump after using this.

Enough of this, let's move on to the other product I received.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

The Eye Lift Illuminator~


Ingredient list of the eye illuminator ~


The description of the eye illuminator and how to use it.

The purple one!

What Murad says?

"Hybrids™ Eye Lift Illuminator
Instantly brighten the eye area with this 2-in-1 problem solver. This neutralizing violet formula lifts, hydrates and depuffs while minimizing dark circles to rapidly restore a youthful look.

Additional features and ingredients:
Innovative 5X Firming Technology visibly lifts
Re-Luminate Complex provides both instant and long term dark circle reduction
Smart Moisture System hydrates and depuffs"

Let me clarify something... If you are a make up artist/Beauty assistant or just an artist even, you should know the color wheel. Purple neutralizes yellow which is why it is mainly used in facial primers because some of us have yellowish dull skin. Sorry Murad AGAIN but my undereye circles / eye bags aren't yellow. It's also why most make up artists would suggest getting a salmon or peachy toned concealer to correct blueish OR greenish undereye circles / eye bags.

Hydrating was a big thumbs down because it actually made my concealer patchy instead. I will not blame it on my concealer anymore because I have done several "tests" before rewriting the review. Depuffing and firming was not visible after a week's of usage but I'm sure it's because these differences are hard to catch with our naked eyes.

Also before I am accused of how I am the only one disliking the product, I suggest you check out this review too. If it's insufficient, please take a look at SEPHORA too.

This product contains Sodium Hyaluronate so by right it should be hydrating. I honestly do not understand why it did not work for me. These are new products by Murad.

Ratings of these two products.

Primer

Texture : ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ (One star off for coming off in flakes!)
Coverage : ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ (Pictures always tell the truth. I only resized the pictures.)
Hydration : ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ (Pretty decent.)
Overall : ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Texture : ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ (Feels really light)
Coverage : ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ (I guess shimmers sorts of covers the darkness a little?)
Hydration : ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ (Patchy concealer is an extremely big no-no)
Overall: ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ (Was a miss for me.)

I must also state that I am really EXTREMELY upset with Murad. I am not just a beauty blogger. More than half the products I've reviewed are bought with my OWN money. Yes, I may not gain as much sponsorship in the future with this incident but don't forget, I am also a CONSUMER. I feel that I should be 100% honest in my review because I believe my readers deserve the truth. Also, let me state one point. I am NOT THE ONLY ONE who did not love the products.

Should you need to contact me, you can email domokie@gmail.com

Also, remember to check out our very first giveaway!

Love,
Chiharu ❤

Disclaimer : I will only say that these products were given to me by Murad after attending their product launch. I do not represent this brand in anyway and I do not speak for the brand itself. These are based PURELY on my OWN opinions and you can choose not to believe me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...