Wednesday 25 May 2011

Product Review : Urban Decay Primer Potion in Eden

This review is going to be very brief because well, there truly isn't much to talk about.

Today's product is going to be the Urban Decay Primer Potion... In Eden. Not the original version.


The middle one is the UDPP in Eden, which is the one I own. Just in case you are wondering, why did I not use a picture of my own UDPP?


This is the reason. My UDPP is really gross. Even without the full sized picture of it, it's gross enough to prompt an "eew" from all of you. The truth is, I haven't done anything to my bottle. It just decided to come off in bits and pieces one day.

Of course that picture wasn't to show you how half-dead my UDPP is, it''s to show you the applicator. In the past, they used to have straight wand applicators. But there were alot of complaints/feedbacks that it gets really hard to scoop the product out because it can only dig in a straight line? Does that make sense to you, the way I phrased it? Yea but anyway, it's the whole reason why they have a slanted applicator now. However if you happen to be a Urban Decay fan, you'd know that UDPPs such as mine are called "Vintage" bottles now. Because of the scooping problem, they have decided to repackage UDPP into a squeeze tube. Much more convenient but I still prefer the "vintage"/genie bottles.


Here's a swatch of it! If I had to describe it, I'd say it's a pale creamy yellow shade. Also very pigmented and goes on nearly opaque on my lids. Personally I have many capillaries/veins on my lids so it's not a pretty sight to apply eyeshadow directly on it. This opaque formula covers all the imperfections on my lid and even teeny brow hairs.

Also I have extremely oily lids. Which was why I decided to get the famous Urban Decay Primer Potion. Let me state that I own the original version of this UDPP too. I decided to get it in Eden because I needed the concealing purpose. This backfired on me though. Sure I got the coverage I needed. But this creases on me like crazy. I've read reviews that some people love this, some people get the creasing problem too. I guess you might have to try this out at Sephora before buying? This creased on me after a few hours so it's still not a pretty sight afterwards.

Of course this does enhances the color of your eyeshadows because it blanks out your lid, leaving a flawless and smooth canvas for you to work on. This product is available in Sephora outlets in SG and I believe they cost around... $28?

Texture: ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ (Very creamy and easy to work with)
Coverage: ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ (Superb for a primer)
Lasting Power: ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ (Didn't hold up my shadows very well)
Overall: ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ (Major points reduction because of the lasting power! If you're unsure, either test it out first or go with the original!)

Also don't forget to join our giveaway if you haven't!

Cheers,
Chiharu ❤

Disclaimer : I bought this with my own ka-ching, I am not related to Urban Decay in any way. The first picture that wasn't watermarked was taken from Urban Decay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...