Monday 23 May 2011

Product Review : Koji Dollywink Liquid Eyeliner in Black

Long time no reviews again! Let me be very honest, one day Domokie will run out of products to review because most of the products we've reviewed actually comes out from our own pockets. However I am receiving my pay soon and should have a slight influx of products!

Today I'll be talking about my favorite eyeliner, one that is very popular amongst other bloggers too! It's the Koji Dollywink Liquid Eyeliner in Black!


Once again, I must stress how much I love Japanese products for their packaging. Face the facts, most liquid eyeliners are just black on the outside? I mean most but not all. Sure, they'll have wordings of different colors on the packaging maybe, but just look at this one! Pink with purple polka dots. Cute little purple ribbon. Nice font. You haven't seen the outer packaging which I tore away and trashed already :/ I'm just emphasizing how adorable this eyeliner is and how it's so great to "show-off" when touching up on your make up outside!


I apologize because I don't think you can see the brush very clearly here. The dumb me completely forgot to take a shot of the brush itself so let me make up for it by describing it instead. We all know that pen shaped liners like this tend to come with a felt tip. I have no complains about felt tip, except that sometimes with prolonged usage, it will "flake" off a little so it might get blunt at the tip or the line isn't as crisp anymore.

This liner goes on REALLY smoothly because it's not a felt tip liner! It's like a paintbrush, many bristles forming a really fine tipped brush. Extremely pigmented as well. A very intense shade of black so if you'd prefer something more natural or less harsh, you might not want to go for such liquid liners. I however adore a crisp thick line as my eyes crease in such a way that alot of eyeliner is "eaten".


I swear it's the lighting that washed out the intensity of the eyeliner. I also know that it doesn't look like it goes on very smoothly but that's just because of the tons of fine lines on the back of my hand. I also recommend storing eyeliners such as these in an upright position with the brush facing downwards. In that way, gravity helps to pull all the ink nearer to the brush so you get a smooth flow of ink? Also, shake this before using for best results. You can hear the metal balls clanking around.

All in all, this is a great product that I have already repurchased O(≧∇≦)OI bought three of these from Japan, and then my mom stole one. She finished hers too, so she stole my back up!!! See how great it is? I wish it were more easily available in Singapore. Of course there are online blogshops that sell these but some are WAYYYYY overpriced. Maybe the next time I go to Japan I'll return with truckload of these!

Texture: ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ (Dries quickly upon application but smooth at the same time. Super pigmented.)
Application: ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ (Easy pen applicator, good control over the thickness of the line!)
Lasting power: ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ (Absolutely no problem with these.)
Overall: ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ (Already bought 4 of these, what do you think!)

Have a good Monday everyone! Mine is terrific as I'm getting a sponsored facial on Thursday! Look forward to me posting that up! It's my first facial ever and I'm really glad it's not an extraction kind. I don't want to go home with a swollen and red face.

Also, remember to join our giveaway here!

Love,
Chiharu ❤

Disclaimer : All 4 eyeliners are bought by yours truly. I adore it so much that I will make everyone buy it if I could.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...