Monday 9 May 2011

Product Review : Dove Lathering Oil Make-up Remover

Hellooo Domokies! Long time no review for you peeps so here's one~

Today's product is a cool make up remover from Dove! Why cool? That's just because it self-foams and to me that's cool.  ( ̄▽ ̄) I shall not be lame.

So the product looks like this...


It's the Dove Lathering Oil Make-up Remover! And as always, I do put up the picture of the ingredients list for all of you in case anyone's sensitive to it. Other than that... I'm not a very ingredient particular person unless the product smells really strongly of alcohol. My face is that thick skinned. (´・ω・`)

Here you go~


It's not of the best quality but I'm quite sure you should be able to see the ingredients!

Also, I'm quite sure the name of this product is quite misleading? Truly I don't see any oil in the ingredient list but it could be me being blur so correct me if I'm wrong. This product is NOT oily at all! All the descriptions and instructions can be seen in the picture so I'm not going to say more because this product cannot be found on the Dove website..? It's made in Japan and to me, anything that's made in Japan is SAFE!

On to what the product itself looks like on the inside!


As you can see, it comes out super thick and creamy. Spreads super well and still remains foamy.

My take on this product? I want to say I really love it. Truly I do, but only when I do NOT have waterproof make up on. This removes eyeshadow, blush, eyeliner, lipstick, everything. Just not waterproof mascara /.\ I am a girl who loves my waterproof mascara because of my stubborn-refuse-to-stay-curled eyelashes. I can't do without it and I certainly do not like using two different make up removers just because.

It does smell pretty decent for a make up remover and the best thing about this is that you don't feel anything on your face afterwards. No greasy feeling, no film of whatever substance on your face whatsoever. It feels really fresh and clean and I don't think it dries my face out. Do take note however that it could be because my face isn't particularly dry to begin with. I would say that after this I'm pretty sure no one would need another cleanser if they do not have waterproof mascara on. I love using this!!! Just well, the downside is pretty worth deducting points of this remover (´~`)

Let's not be too lengthy and allow me to do my usual summary~


Scent : ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ (Nothing unpleasant so this is pretty average)
Texture : ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ (I really like how this works, the fluffy texture!)
Effectiveness : ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ (2 stars off for being unable to remove waterproof mascara)
Overall : ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ (Better than average but still not the best)

I'm not sure where you can get this though. I think maybe Watsons or NTUC? I got mine online! Also I believe all skin types can use this as it's gentle enough!

Cheers,
Chiharu ❤

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...