Friday 27 May 2011

Product Review : Mac Studio Finish Concealer SPF 35 in NW20

Hi Domokies! It's late at night, I've stoned for an hour before remembering my draft on this product. And after typing the previous sentence I continued to stone for another 20 minutes.

Today I'm going to review one of my favorite concealers. It's from Mac. Nope, it's not Macdonalds, it's Mac cosmetics!


Mine's quite used already okay so excuse the not so pretty looking product. Also there's no box and no ingredients list because this is really from some time ago.


I bought mine in NW20 because it has a more peachy tone to it and thus corrects my undereye circles better.


Don't be afraid. It looks ugly but the reason why it's so pore-y is because I use a blending brush to pick up this product.


Here is an attempt to do the coverage test. As you can see, the first picture is my "bare" mole. The middle and the right pictures are taken to show how amazing the coverage is!

MY say

I love this product and I'm not the only one. Tanya from Pixi2woo loves this and Bubbi from Bubzbeauty loves this too! Of course we don't necessarily use the exact same shade but it's the texture and coverage that's totally worth getting!

For the coverage factor, I really don't have to say more? It's pretty visible in the pictures above. You can use this with your fingers for a more natural coverage. The heat from your fingers will melt the product and help it blend in better. Otherwise you can always use a blending brush to pick up the product like me because I don't really like product on my fingers.

Texture wise, I would say this is quite a hard cream concealer. If you own this, and it's winter, you'd probably have a really hard time using this. Lucky for summer in SG all year round! It's a little bit on the drier side which is why it gives you more coverage. It is thicker than liquid concealers. Because this one's drier, it definitely won't do good with those people with more fine lines underneath their eyes? This concealer will settle into fine lines unless you use some kind of primer beforehand.

On a side note, this concealer has SPF 35! Which is good since we actually shouldn't use our normal sunblock under our eyes unless otherwise stated on the product. So yea, great product in all and one teeny tub can last you a long long long time. I haven't finished my first tub since the coverage is great and so I don't need a lot of it!

Texture: ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ (A little too dry...)
Coverage: ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ (Refer to pictures above for evidence!)
Lasting Power: ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ (It still fades a little with time because of my oily skin)
Overall: ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ (A little goes a long way and it's pretty worth your money~)

Also, remember to join our GIVEAWAY that's ending soon!

Cheers,
Chiharu ❤

Disclaimer : Once again, the product was bought by ME.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...