Wednesday 18 May 2011

Product Review : Maybelline Clear Smooth Minerals BB Cream

I know you all want the BB mousse review, but first let me review its sister okay?

I promised that for the review to be up on Wednesday, so here I am rushing this post in the middle of the night, hoping to set this to auto post tomorrow because I have work from 8am-4pm and then afterwards I have to mail some stuff before going to the Watsons member private sale and Rosebullet!

Must make you all feel guilty okay, I have work tomorrow so I have to wake at 6 and here I am just starting to edit the pictures!!! It just means I'll get maybe 2 hours of sleep .__.

Before I continue, TA-DA!

My entry for Maybelline's Face of the Week!

I won! Imagine my surprise when I suddenly saw the news in my FB's feed. I had actually forgotten about it because I was busy settling some disputes with my agent and working! Also you can see the product in the picture xD I'm too lazy to snap the picture now because I forgot earlier on so... Yeah.

Add bonus cause got my face!

Now onto the review. The pictures are going to be quite ugly because we only had time to do it at night and we were feeling tired. Shag. Drained. ZOMBIE!!!

ZOMBIEEEEE~

Did that shock you? No?

ZOMBIEEEEEEE 2!

How bout this? Lack of sleep + dull face after a busy day!

No sleep plus work makes us unhealthy bloggers. Not to mention breakouts o(╥﹏╥)o Mine's above my upper lips, can see that ugly spot there? It's no longer there, just a scar. I'm so tired while doing this review I'm nearly brain dead.

Uneven skintone, breakouts, pores... How do we fix this mess?! The answer to that is either a BB cream or a Foundation or a tinted moisturizer. In this case we chose the Maybelline Clear Smooth Minerals BB Cream!

First an arm swatch to show the color on a NC15 and NC20 skin!

L-Ringo(NC15) / R-Chiharu(NC20)

Problem solved.
Magic~ Can you see how Ringo's face is nearly perfect now? I'm sure you can see a few spots on her chin but still, BB cream isn't a magic wand!

Zombie no more!
I hate the wonky hair. I took it at night after washing off all my previous makeup so my fringe is wet and somewhat lumpy.. See my dark eye circles, it's mostly gone. The few shadows left are either cast by my hair or by my eyebags. Those cannot be concealed.

Oh and my apologies, in our sleepiness we totally forgot to take a swatch of the bb cream blended into our arms. Here's our comparison pictures that we remembered to take! :D

Okay, the lighting is a little different but you can see the obvious difference in skin color right!

Mine's not as obvious but er... Yea my scar is less obvious in RL

To be honest, I quite like this BB. It's really light and the color blends in on not only my face but Ringo's too. I would say it's a light to medium coverage that's buildable. However, tanned babes may not like this cause it will be too pale for you. So let's applaud Maybelline for coming out with a shade 2! I think there are people who would appreciate that.

There's no distinct scent for this, just typical er... Make up scent? I don't like it but it disappears after slapping it on my face so it's not a problem for me. Oh and it's not that we don't want to include the ingredient list for this, it's just sooooo puny I can't even see it with my eyes... I do believe all skin types can use this but the sensitive babes might want to do a patch test first. Usually minerals are face-friendly but there are people who are allergic to mineral products.

You can get this at Watsons/Guardians for only $13.90 now! (On promotion!)

Texture: ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ (Very smooth and blendable)
Coverage: ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ (Light to Medium coverage, but can be built upon.)
Lasting Power: ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ (It can stay for awhile but I will need to touch up or it'll slide off my face!)
Overall: ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ (Actually it's a 3.5/5 I like it but I still like my products to have a scent =x)

So very tired,
Chiharu ❤

Disclaimer : Once again, I bought it myself!!!

5 comments:

  1. i use this one but i dont know if this is better than the korean BB? how about japan BB? is there any? :) *pls answer on my blog so i can read ur reply :D* thank you ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi dear, we'll just reply here~ We've reviewed a few bb creams before and you can read them here.

    http://domokie.blogspot.com/search/label/BB%20cream

    I cannot give a definite BEST BB because it depends on what our skin needs and what we prefer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw that is so sad I was so excited about trying this, I guess I'll stick with my L'egere BB cream

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha personally, I would stick to a nicely scented BB!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Superior post, keep up with this exceptional work. It's nice to know that this topic is being also covered on this web site so cheers for taking the time to discuss this! Thanks again and again! Best Portable Air Compressor

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...