Monday 26 September 2011

Product Review : Fuwarie Airy Curl Keeper

If you've liked Domokie's FB page, you'd know that we actually promised to do a review of the Fuwarie Airy Curl Keeper quite some time ago. It never happened though. Because I'm a simple, average, girl-next-door kinda person. How do I explain it. I don't do fancy hairstyles because I'm someone who's comfortable with my own hair. Just fluff it up a little, a slightly messy look and I'm good to go. So I wasn't sure if anyone wanted a review with a very blah and normal hairstyle.

After deliberating for obviously a super long period of time, I realized that most of us, whether working or studying do not have a lot of time to do our hair. Let's face it, this is Singapore and we'd be happy enough to even get 8 hours of sleep. Majority of the Singaporeans I know would never ever wake up hours earlier just to do their hair. Which is why I've finally decided to put this post up.

Months ago, I bought the...


Fuwarie Airy Curl Keeper! I rarely review any styling products because it's a pain in the ass to wash em off. Ringo uses wax but I find wax an absolute horror. Maybe I'm OCD or something but I do not like to touch wax or hair clay. Anything sticky and icky is a nono.


This one's a hair spray! Means no real need to touchy touchy with my fingers.


Here's how you use it!


And of course, the ingredients list. 

Now... I'm about to show you my hair and how I use it. Firstly, I'd like to clarify that of course this can be used to set braids / buns still but it's kinda pointless to use it on those hairstyles since this is a volumizing spray!


It's so long ago that I've not dyed my hair in this picture =/ My hair is curled, so it doesn't look as long as it is. However when fully straightened, it reaches my waist. Okay it's near my butt actually. My point is, with such long and thick hair, it's quite impossible to have fluffy hair naturally. The weight of your hair will just be pulled down with the aid of gravity and you'll get that picture above, pretty dead and limp.


Here's the after picture. I was trying really hair to capture my hair size but the picture still did not do it justice.


Can you see it's slightly more poofy?

What I do is that I'll just spray my hair with my head upside down and scrunch it with my fingers. Then I flip my hair over and continue scrunching it. Once again, I'm quite anal about getting too much product in my hair so this look was done with a light spritz all over. If you want an even bigger hair, add more, back comb and scrunch!

My favorite way to use this is with a ponytail. When I wear my *cough cough* straw hat out, I like to tie a side ponytail or two. It's definitely not nice if it's too neat and limp so this spray's perfect. It's easier to scrunch a ponytail in my honest opinion.

Now about this spray, it does not smell like the "fruity fragrance" that most people have described. Remember, Domokie's 100% honest regardless of whether the product is sponsored or not. This smells just like your average plastic hair spray kinda smell. It has that slight fruity tinge to it but it's really slight. The typical hair spray scent is still there =/ It does not really bother me because it doesn't linger after using. 

This is also not your extra hard hair spray. It does harden your hair a little and adds texture to give it that hold. My hair dies down after a few hours though but I'm guessing that's due to my superbly extra long and heavy hair. You can bring this out for touch ups though, the can is cute and pretty light so it's quite portable to me.

This spray is available from Watsons for just $9.90 and I say yes, this is definitely worth your price if you're looking for a hair spray! They have another kind of spray meant for odango(big bun) hair! So choose according to your needs :)

Hold: ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆
Lasting Power: ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆
Scent:  ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆
Overall:  ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Love,
Chiharu ❤

Disclaimer : I bought this to review for my lovelies!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...