Thursday 1 September 2011

FOTD : Coral Look For A Coral Dress

It has been SOOOOOOOOOOOO long since I did a FOTD. This time round it's not the usual neutral kinda colors, I added a coral red to it to match my pretty dress :D I know some people don't recommend for your eyeshadows to match your outfit but... Heck, I like to do that! The other reason for a coral red shadow was because I was heading to Underwater World the other day and it was pretty sunny. So something bright and cheerful will really be fit for the day~


Sorry it's a little blurry! That's how it looks like when I keep my eyes open~


And closed! I sweat the coral red is brighter in RL but it got totally washed out by my florescent lighting.


Here's how it looks like complete with a coral pink blush and coral pink gloss! *Check out my pretty dress!* Will be blogging on that soon too ;)


Here's when I clip up my fringe. Do I look better this way? Feel free to leave your feedback in the comments section or on our Facebook Page!


I think it makes me look younger but my forehead makes me resemble a Flowerhorn fish?! That's not very good I think... Let me know your opinions :)


FACE :

EYES :
Mac Paintpot in Painterly
Coastal Scents Original 88 Palette
Majolica Majorca Lash Enamel Glamour Neo mascara
Random eyelash curler
Dollywink Lashes in #01 Dolly Sweet (Upper Lashes)
Dollywink Lashes in #05 Real Nude (Lower Lashes)
Etude House Brow Mascara

LIPS :

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

How to get this look ?

Before I begin, let me emphasize again that you don't have to use what I use. I usually go with my mood and work with that I have. I used a BB cream that day because I thought it would be pretty warm that day and I didn't want to have a foundation on? (I didn't know how cold underwater world actually is) I didn't use sunscreen because I went out in the late afternoon so I don't need that much sun protection? SPF30 PA++ was good enough for me. Once again, it's like a ritual, I will religiously set my BB cream with my Candydoll Mineral Face Powder.

I will be using a coral red color today so I want it to really pop. Not that it succeeded in photos but it worked in RL. For that reason, I primed my eyes with the Mac's Painterly Paintpot. I chose a nice coral red color from my Coastal Scents Original 88 palette packed it onto my eyelids. Once you reach your crease, take a blending brush and smoke it out nicely. To add depth and dimension, contour your eyes with a dark brown shade of your choice. You can go with black but I'm more of a brown eyeshadow person. The brown should be darkest at the outer corner of your eyes and fade inwards gradually for a soft look. I used my favorite Dollywink Eyeshadow in #1 Sweet Brown. To give you brighter eyes, highlight your inner corners with a champagne color. I do not recommend silver as it'd clash with the coral. Line your eyes the way you prefer. Mine's a hybrid, it's neither a cat eye nor the gyaru droopy liner. It's a mixture of both. Line whichever way flatters your eyes best. Once again, I still kept to my most beloved Dollywink Liquid eyeliner in Black.

Curl lashes and apply mascara. Stick on your favorite upper and lower lash. For something more dramatic, you can always use thicker lashes or darken your crease further. Line along the bottom falsies with the same brown shadow used in crease. Make sure that your falsies have adhered properly before proceeding to the your brows! Also, only line with shadow about 1/2 or 3/4 way in. You don't want to completely encase your eyes in the liner/shadow.

Coat brows evenly with brow mascara if needed. Use the brow pencil to further shape and add definition to the brows. Use any spoolie or if your brow liner comes with one, to comb through brows and blend the colors.

To make yourself look cuter, apply a nice and bright coral pink blush. I used the Bihada Ichizoku Cheek (Pink) on the apples of my cheeks. Do NOT make your blush round. Do it the Nike shape. Start from your apples then brush outwards and upwards. Just like the Nike logo! Contour / highlight if you prefer. I did not do so that day.

To match my cute coral pink blush, I used the Bihada Ichizoku Sexy Gloss in Shimmery Pink to add that pop of color to my lips. You can choose to apply a lipbalm of your choice beforehand if you have extremely dry lips.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////


That's all folks! Hope ya'all like this look I did :) Let me know if there's any request for different looks and I'll try my best to come up with it!



Love,
Chiharu ❤

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...