Tuesday 6 September 2011

Product Review : Maybelline Full' N Soft Mascara

I haven't really done a non-sponsored review in awhile. That's because of all the deadline I've been showered with =/ I also still owe someone a review for a facial scrub > o < Soon soon, all in due time!

Moving on with my review, today's product will be something from Maybelline BUT it's currently still NA in SG.


The very highly recommended Maybelline Full' N Soft Mascara! Xteeener loves it too :D I actually bought this because of her!


Has quite a big and fat brush.


If you've read my previous post about mascara and their wands, you'll know that this is a number 3 brush except that it's fat all around. Of course if you've forgotten, you can read about it HERE!


Left - Without / Right - With, looking straight ahead

Here's the before and after.Please note that lashes have been curled already. Just from the photo, you can pretty much tell that this mascara weighed my lashes down already. I honestly think that mascaras that are not waterproof tend to be heavier and generally unable to hold curls.


With mascara on, looking straight ahead

Don't be freaked at my eyeball! I'm just trying to show the curls :) As you can see, there's almost no curl. It really weighed my lashes down and they're somewhat as good as non existent.


With mascara on, looking upwards

I have to look up for my lashes to be more visible. But that wouldn't really work because I can't be looking up all the time.


With mascara, eyes closed

This mascara does do what it claims to be able to do. My lashes are indeed fuller and no doubt, they're still soft though I can't let you all touch them. The main thing I don't like about this mascara is that it "uncurls" my lashes because of how heavy the formula is. Then again, it might be just my lashes because this mascara worked well for others. My lashes usually only remain curled IF the mascara is waterproof. This one isn't so those who like waterproof mascara should take note!

The other thing about non waterproof mascara is that they usually smudge. This one is no exception. It gives me panda eyes after a few hours especially when I start getting oily. Personally, I don't like to risk getting panda eyes because I'm just anal about looking like a ghoul. And if you can tell from the way I'm speaking/typing, I'm not going to repurchase this mascara.

In my honest opinion, you can get a better mascara regardless of whether it's waterproof or not. This one gives volume but it's not like a "whoa" kinda effect. It's pretty natural actually so if that's what you want, you can consider this. I still prefer to stick to my FairyDrops or Majolica Majorca one. Waterproof ones are still my favorite because so far, only waterproof ones keep my lashes up.


Ability to hold curls : ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ (Weighs my lashes down instantly upon application.)
Lasting Power : ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ (I really hate mascara that smudges!)
Volume : ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ (It's just too subtle in my opinion.)
Overall : ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ (Unfortunately, I really don't like this.)

Cheers,
Chiharu ❤

Disclaimer : I bought this with my own money. Just because it didn't work for me does not mean it wouldn't work for you. Xteeener loves it but I don't so who knows, maybe you will too. My review is based on my experience with the product.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...