Friday 2 September 2011

Product Review : Maybelline Eyebrow Pencil By Eyestudio in Brown

You all have to love me for being so punctual in posting nowadays! Okay in all honesty it's just because I blog during midnight and  schedule for 10am so everyone can read when they're awake! I've not blogged about brow products for a really long time because I like to stick to the same brow stuff :D

HOWEVER, FEW DAYS AGO, my brow pencil died. It ran out of juice so I had to get a new one. Then it struck me, I had a Maybelline one stashed somewhere! So I dug it out and here it is!


Ta da! It's like a color pencil :X Kinda retro but cute.


Can you imagine yourself doodling on brows with this pencil? :D


Top - Swatched Lightly
Middle - Swatched with Zig Zag Motions
Bottom - Swatched heavily

Swatches! As you can see, it's a pretty dark chocolate brown. Once again, this had a slight reddish tint to it, similar to my previous Lioele Artist Auto Eyebrow in Natural / Light Brown. On hand, this seemed like a pretty blah brow pencil. It didn't look very pigmented so I thought that was good because I am safe to doodle as I please on my brows without worrying about becoming...

Image taken from google.images

UNFORTUNATELY, I was very wrong. I tried to be light handed already but this is what it looks like...


L - With / R - Without

See the huge difference? I swear I tried my best being light handed but I might be a lil too used to my less pigmented brow pencil. Heed my warning, you need to be super light handed with this on your brows. This can be a good or bad thing depending on your own preference as there are also people out there that love a good pigmented brow pencil. This pencil glides on super smoothly which is why some of us might go overboard with it. A light touch will do the trick and define your brows nicely.

Now what do I not like about this product? The fact that it does not come with a spoolie attached to the other end! If you can see from my naked brow picture, I have quite a lot of brow hair. Is that what you call it? So basically, I really need a spoolie to comb through my brows and tame them. It's like my ESSENTIAL. Luckily I had a spare one at home so it isn't much of a problem. Those who are spoolie-less, please take note :)

All in all, it's a product that's really quick and easy to use IF you can be light handed with it. However my brown hair no longer has any red in it. So I rarely use this now. I might pass it on to Ringo though cause her hair is still the same color. This product is very easily available from any Watsons / Guardians near you. I'm not sure how much it costs though but you can ask Maybelline on their Facebook Page!


Pigmentation: ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ (Super uber pigmented, be careful with it!)
Application: ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ (A little too easy to overdo.)
Lasting power: ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ (It will smudge if your brows get oily. Remember to blot gently!)
Overall: ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ (It's not a bad product but it's not the right one for my hair color now~)

Cheers,
Chiharu ❤

Disclaimer : I won this for being Maybelline's BB face of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...