Thursday 21 April 2011

Product Review: Maybelline Limited Edition Spring Blossoms Pure Mineral Two-way Foundation

Isn't the packaging just precious? It even has a Swarovski crystal on it!

I must admit – this was probably an impulse buy for us! I personally have had a few other 2-way foundations lying around, but when you see beautiful packaging like this, you just gotta grab it!

This retailed in Watsons at a ludicrous price of $19.90 for both the casing and the refill. The usual retail price would be $27.90 (refill - $19.90, casing - $8.00), so in essence, this pretty sakura blossom casing comes free.



Chiharu, who is a NC-20, got the OC 1 shade. I’m a NC-15, and I got the PO 1 shade. Let me describe our skin types briefly. Chiharu has oily combination skin and I have acne-prone combination skin with super dry cheeks. Her skin undertone is tanner and more neutral, whereas I have warm yellow skin undertone which turn out bluish in photographs (because I’m so pale my vein colors show! OTL).

It's a little dark on my skin here (bottom), since this is the pale underside of my arm.


But it blends out pretty well!


For me personally, PO 1 was a tad reddish for my undertone, but it blends out rather well. On Chiharu, OC 1 blends out perfectly, I think. What I love about this product is its smooth, delicate texture, as this is a mineral make-up, and the powder is finely-milled.

Those with sensitive skin or dry skin like mine can rest at ease as the product does not contain any preservatives, fragrances or oil. Best of all, it has a light, breathable texture as the lightweight micro-minerals give a smooth satin finish that doesn’t clog pores or appear cakey.

I think it minimizes the appearance of pores, but has a light coverage.


Don't laugh. I don't know what I'm looking so shocked about.
But notice that it reduces my dark eye circles.


However, those looking for a foundation with higher coverage might be disappointed. Maybelline Pure Mineral 2-Way Foundation has a light coverage that is suitable for a ‘no make-up’ make-up, but provides little coverage as a foundation. For me, I use this as a setting powder over a high-coverage BB cream base, so it’s fine by me. You may also want to build up the coverage by putting on more layers, but I do find that to be too troublesome for me.

As for lasting power, for people with oilier skin living near the equator like Chiharu & me, this product will quickly slide off your skin. This calls for more touch-ups, which I personally find irksome. Otherwise though, this is a decent mineral 2-way foundation for its price.

Texture: ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ (No complains about this – it’s finely-milled and smooth.)
Coverage: ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ (Light to Medium coverage, but can be built upon.)
Lasting Power: ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ (Not its strong point. Especially if you have oily skin type.)
Overall: ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ (Consider it a 3.5. Love the affordability and texture, but dislike its lack of lasting power.)

Signing off,
Ringo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...