Wednesday 20 April 2011

Product Review : Avalon Organics Essential Lifting Serum (Tried & Tested)

Today I'm going to be reviewing a product that was sent to me by Watsons for testing. (Thank you Watsons!)

This product is called the Avalon Organics Essential Lift Lifting Serum. It comes in a 15ml bottle and can be found in Watsons.

Avalon Organics describes the serum as "A highly concentrated, antioxidant rich treatment serum clinically shown to improve skin sagging in just 24 hours for a more youthful, lifted facial profile."

The product claims that based on consumers' evaluations, it is a fast acting serum that absorbs quickly and targets problem areas by drawing moisture up to the skin’s surface levels to nourish and refortify from the inside out. In just 24 hours, sagging skin appears firmer. With continued use, skin appears more resilient with fewer lines and wrinkles. After just 7 days, 75% of consumers saw tighter contours, fewer lines and improved elasticity and resilience while reporting their jaw line and neck felt lifted. (above paragraph quoted from Avalon Organics' website)

When I first received the serum, I noticed that it was formulated with a minimum 70% organic content and does not contain parabens, harsh preservatives, synthetic colours or fragrances. It's also good to know that this serum is made from 100% vegetarian ingredients, and that no animal testing is done!

Here's how it works.


The serum is supposedly recommended for dry/mature skin but I personally think that oily/combination skin can use this as well as this serum is light and absorbs really quickly. It pumps out as quite a firm gel but spreads easily on the skin. It dries a little sticky but no worries for once it is fully absorbed all you get is smooth soft skin. On the plus side, it smells like lavender when it's first applied so it's really calming for bedtime. It however gradually evolves to a slight vegetable-ish scent.

Here's what the product bottle looks like along with the ingredients list!



It's no miracle product but there are definitely visible improvements after using it for a week. Result's are not that obvious to the naked eye which is why I included before and after pictures for reference. I have more saggy/flabby skin at my jaw area and an extremely wrinkly neck. Do not run away screaming in shock! :)


For the jawline, there is some very very slight firming. I do mean slight, but there's more! See the picture below.


I'm guessing that this product actually works better on my neck, I'm not sure why but it could be because my jawline is just really fatty. As you can see, the wrinkles are quite significantly reduced as compared to before.

In short, this product works! It saved my neck and I'll continue using up the whole bottle. As for repurchasing, I'd definitely consider because it honestly isn't very expensive? It retails at $31.90 for a 15ml bottle and if I'm not wrong, can only be found at Ngee Ann City Watsons!

Scent : ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ (One star taken down because I don't really like the vegetable scent that it mutates into)
Texture : ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ (Love that it spreads so well and absorbs easily)
Effectiveness : ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ (One star off because it seemingly works well only on my neck)
Overall : ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ (A great product that I would consider repurchasing!)

Cheers,
Chiharu 

Disclaimer : This product was sent to be for reviewing purpose by Watsons. This does not in any way affect the honesty of my opinions for this product. I am in no way affiliated with Watsons or Avalon Organics. None of the pictures were exaggerated and what you see is what you get. Please note that results may vary.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...