Wednesday 10 August 2011

Bits of Chiharu : Life as it is

In life, there's ups, there's downs, there's sabotage too. Nevertheless, life has to go on as it is. Here are some quotes that I find very true, very real and all so applicable to life.

Allow me to begin with a song.



Okay. His enunciation is a little ... But the lyrics of this song is pretty meaningful. Even though all good things must come to an end, it's the process that we've enjoyed that matters. Regardless of the ending, whether it is happy or not.

"Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must." - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
I swear that all of us often get put down by whatever difficulties that reality flings at us and forget that we still have what we have, regardless of how little it is. I mean if you're able to read this right now, and I'm able to post this up, it means I have a home, I have a computer/mobile and it's something! I'm not lecturing anyone, I'm lecturing myself. This is something I have to remember too.

"You can tell more about a person by what he says about others than you can by what others say about him." - Leo Aikman
I cannot agree more. Sure, people can give excuses like... Oh I gossip all the time, rumors and gossips are reality, everyone does it, blah blah blah. A lot of people don't get it and judge someone they don't know, based on others' words or even lies. This brings me to the next quote.

"Never explain. Your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe it anyway." - Elbert Hubbard
Because ultimately, those who care don't matter and those who matter don't care about what others say about you. It's not that you're wrong. You might not get the chance to explain, or even if you did, your enemies would not believe it. In the end, your friends will understand and respect your choice.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak. Sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go." - Author Unknown
Letting go is one of the hardest things to do in life. Whether it's the break ups we face in BGR, the misunderstanding that costs us our friendship, or the death of someone dear to you, we often find it hard to just let go and move on. I'm not saying that it means we're lousy. We can't let go because we ever cared, we ever shared those beautiful memories and we ever loved. Giving up, letting go and moving on is what takes the most strength in us. It's something we all have to learn and practice.

This is an absolutely random post, but I have random thoughts all the time. I like to reflect especially when it's late at night because the quiet really helps in your thinking and the cool breeze really calms you down. I hope these quotes will help you in life. Push on no matter what and never give up on yourself.

Love,
Chiharu ❤

2 comments:

  1. v nice song! :D thanks for sharing the song and this entry Chiharu :)

    when i'm down, i always tell myself that life could be worse but it isn't and when i'm already this low, i can only go higher. obstacles only exist to make us stronger and as long as we keep trying, one day we will reach the top!

    been quite busy with sch so i havent been able to comment much but i hope you're doing well!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey babe! Thanks for commenting. Each comment really means a lot to me.

    I've been pretty down lately which sorta "inspired" me to write this post. I need to remind myself of those quotes mentioned above so I'll remember that I'm still me, very much alive and with people who care for me. Those who love me for who I am. I believe that when life sucks to the most extreme, it will and can only get better!

    I hope you're coping well with school too dear ^___^ I wished I was still a student but I don't think that can happen already!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...