Wednesday 3 August 2011

Product Review : Lip Ice Sheer Color in Strawberry and Shimmer

Long time no review! Okay actually it's just been a day. I've a new job so it's harder to post everyday especially when I'm not allowed the use of anything! I do sneakily use my phone but that's it. It's the only thing small enough to use discreetly~

So I'm back with a post on getting nice juicy lips!

This post is going to be lengthy because there's two products I'm going to review :) So sit back, have a drink, relax and read through this post!

I'll be reviewing strawberries first~


This is the Lip Ice sheer Color in Strawberry, formulated with natural beeswax!


The back of the packaging...


Here's the description along with the ingredients list as always!


Box out!


Cap off!


As you can see, it's just a white stick of balm. Seems pretty hard and solid doesn't it?


This is how you tell the Strawberry one apart from the Shimmer one. I swear they look almost identical, you'll see latter!


When swatched on the arm, it appears to be a super sheer pink shade. Seems so blah, so not eye catching, so not interesting. But... Did you know that Lip Ice Sheer Color changes it color according to the color of your lips? So we can't judge the arm swatch! We have to see it on the lips!


My lip's aren't always this bad. Their condition fluctuates with my health. Yes, I'm in poor health lately, stress is building, problems are accumulating and my physical health is failing. Okay I'm being dramatic, I'm not dying, just down with flu. So all of those mentioned leads to me having a set of pale unsightly lips!

Can you see how juicy pink they are afterwards? It's brighter in RL and buildable. So if you want a sheer wash like mine, just apply a nice thin coat. If you want a bolder pink shade, just slap more of it on! This is a sponsored review but I swear I'm loving this. In the past I actually didn't like Lip Ice very much because even though they were specially formulated with SPF, I specifically hated the SPF. I don't like the scent or taste of it which is why I was SOOOOO relieved when this product is formulated without!

I'm really loving the color along with the delicious strawberry scent! I'm seriously madly in love, this color fades like a tint to and does not leave stains on your cup! It's very long wearing and I can so totally imagine wearing this for a classy dinner because it won't embarrass you when you drink~ Stain free :D It's naturally glossy so you don't have to top up any! Well unless you're those that adore extremely shiny and slick lips!

Not only that, it's really really moisturizing~ From sick person to bubbly person! Lips play a great part in brightening up your face especially when you like to do neutral make up like me. All it takes is a juicy pop of color on your lips and you're set to go!

Now randomly moving on to the Shimmer one!


Now presenting the Lip Ice Sheer Color in Shimmer~ Call me sua ku or something but I liked that shimmery sticker so much that I stuck the sticker in my CandyDoll compact =/


The back of it...


The description and ingredients list AGAIN! But they're different okay ;) Read carefully!


See what I mean? It's a totally different picture but the Shimmer one looks exactly like the Strawberry one isn't it?!


Can you spot the slight difference now?


The balm is a pinkish white stick along with some pink shimmers? I can't really capture the shimmers because they reflect light and just appear as white flecks in pictures.


If you own these two balms, make sure you check the sticker label to grab the right color!


Personally, I think that they upped the shimmer factor for this but the glossiness factor seems to be reduced? It's not as glossy as the previous one. It's actually around the same pink shade, minus the glossiness, plus the shimmers. They're once again reflected as white flecks in the picture and I'm sorry that my camera isn't good enough!

This Shimmer one glides on as smoothly as the Strawberry one despite the shimmers and it moisturizes the lip really well too. However... It smells like nothing. I couldn't really smell or taste anything from this. That's not a bad thing for most but I seriously prefer to use scented products? But that's just me, I also happen to prefer gloss over shimmers because sometimes the shimmers stay too stubbornly on the lips!

Also, if you've noticed, I've stopped photoshopping my pictures : | Yes, I'm born with naturally lop sided lips. I don't love my lips, but they're still mine and I have to make do with it!

Overall ratings here!

Lip Ice Sheer Color in Strawberry

Moisturizing factor : ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ (Super smooth!)
Scent : ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ (Strawberries are like one of my favorite fruits EVER~)
Texture : ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ (Like butter on a pan!)
Color : ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ (Nice juicy lips can be yours~)
Overall : ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ (Love love love, I've been using this one a lot, will definitely get a back up!)

Lip Ice Sheer Color in Shimmer

Moisturizing factor : ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ (Super smooth!)
Scent : ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ (Scentless, so I'm just neutral.)
Texture : ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ (Still smooth, just slightly more friction than the Strawberry?)
Color : ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ (I really prefer gloss over shimmer!)
Overall : ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ (This one is for those who dislike scents and love shimmers!)

You can get yours from Watsons now for only $7.50 :D I'm getting another strawberry when mine finishes!

Love,
Chiharu ❤

Disclaimer : These products were sent to me by TSS for reviewing purposes. My review is 101% honest and based on my own experience with the products.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...