Wednesday 17 August 2011

Product Review : Kiehl's Dermatologist Solutions Line-Reducing-Eye-Brightening Concentrate

For a really long time, we've been reviewing mostly drugstore skincare. In all honesty, we actually do have a fair bit of skincare products from counter brands too but we weren't sure if everyone wanted to read about them because well, who wants to buy expensive stuff?! If there are cheap and good alternatives, why not correct?

However, I've been facing under eye problems for a really long time. I have hereditary eye bags so... Nothing can help with that. My dark eye circles? Very very dark, so dark it's like I came out from the movie <<The Ring>>!!! I've also been facing the problem of having wrinkles on my eye bags. No I'm serious, I have lines underneath my eyes.

I've been searching high and low for an almighty product that would be able to lighten my lines and reduce the darkness. Not a miracle product, just something that works. So when I heard of the...


I had to try it.


A little info on Kiehl's Dermatologist Solutions~


Description of the product! 10.5% PURE VITAMIN C


And of course, as always, the ingredients list.


The front of the tube. Pretty small though eh? 15ml :(


The back, I can't understand anything though.


Comes in a squeeze tube, very hygienic!

According to Kiehl's, this Kiehl's Dermatologist Solutions Line-Reducing-Eye-Brightening Concentrate is "Formulated to improve the look of the delicate eye area with a potent concentration of Pure Vitamin C 10.5% (L-Ascorbic Acid), known for its affinity with skin and powerful ability to improve the appearance of aging skin. While Haloxyl, a new-patented ingredient, strengthens, soothes and brightens the eye area helping to eliminate dark circles."

Now allow me to shock you.


Yes, it's a whopping $72 for 15ml of product! How many of you just had a heart attack? I had to go ahead because I'm really sick of my horrible under eyes mishaps.


Here's what it looks like. It's actually pure white but it might have oxidized slightly while I was fumbling around with my camera trying to make it focus on the concentrate.

Will this 15ml be worth its price?

Texture wise, it's a lil greasy but it absorbs easily into your skin. I'm not sure what's wrong with mine but there's little beads of white stuff in a suspension of whitish fluid. I contacted Kiehl's Singapore about it and they told me it's normal because it contains the 10.5% stabilized pure Vit C??? The other tube I tried didn't have this problem though so I'd prefer the texture to be more consistent. I've tried shaking it too, doesn't work.

Either way, it still melts into your skin upon application so it's not much of a problem. I'm just OCD or something, I like consistency. Do note that you should NOT overdo the application because you might end up with greasy eye bags. Also, because of the 10.5% Vit C, this concentrate feels warm upon application. It should feel like a comfortable warm sensation. Or at least to me. It should not feel painful.

Does it work then? Surprisingly, it did. Not with the eye bags though. I was pleasantly surprised after usage of about  a month, my under eye wrinkles went poof! Okay not really, the lines weren't as deep set as before and I think my under eye circles look less obvious? I don't have pictures to prove it but if the difference in wrinkles was visible enough for me to see it in person that having to compare with pictures, it's good. As for the lightening of dark eye circles, I think the difference is really slight though so this product is more for wrinkles IMHO.

Whether you believe it or not, it is entirely up to you but I am merely sharing my experience with this product! My own verdict is that this product is worth the $72. I still wish for a more consistent texture though. You can get this from any Kiehl's outlet for $72. Alternatively, you can go to their outlets and request for a sample of this to try!!!

Texture : ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ (Not a perfectionist, but I'd still like consistency.)
Line Reducing: ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ (Really works, gonna continue to see how it goes :D)
Brightening: ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ (Not extremely visible to me)
Overall : ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ (Will repurchase if I am not broke.)

Okay if anyone's wondering why it got only three stars despite how well it reduces lines, it is because I judge based on the claims of the product. Do note that the results for brightening may be poor as I sleep quite little. It also got points off for the texture. Personally I do love it for the line reducing factor.

Also, remember to check out our current giveaway HERE!

Cheers,
Chiharu ❤

Disclaimer : I bought this product with my own money. Results vary with individuals.

3 comments:

  1. actually what's known to work on wrinkles is Retin-A in the dermatology circle, so if u can get a prescrip for a retin-A product in a small percentage suitable for the eyes, it would prob be much cheaper in the long run?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, I think all in all it would be simpler if I could ever just remove my eye bags. The wrinkles are a lot better already, the bags are like... The same size as my eyes T_T

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha I'm only in mid-20s and i have fine lines under my eyes too, although I have really good skin overall. Although i hate lines, it comes from a happy life with lots of smiling right? :))

    I find that applying a moisturising product helps disguise the fine lines, by plumping up the skin. Even cheap moisturisers are effective in lessening my fine lines. Anyway, i think u should keep looking for a cheaper alternative that is just as effective. I find that Obagi Vitamin C products work wonders for me, and it's highly recommended by dermatoogists too. But maybe stick to this product if u really like it. :)
    --Rachel

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...