Saturday 27 August 2011

Product Review: Skinfood Fresh Juice E Serum (Wrinkle Care)

Long time no post~!

Before Chiharu kills me in my sleep I'm going to sneak in a review! While crashing at her house one afternoon, Chi-chan gave me this lovely bottle of serum. Reminds me of those iodine bottles you use in Biology lab classes, but prettier. To be honest I have a slight obsession with Pyrex lab tools - all those beakers and test tubes and shiny shiny glassware!


The Skin Food Fresh Juice E Serum comes in a 50ml glass bottle topped with a rubber bulbed pipette. The glass is tinted a green that gradates to transparent near the upper half.


Unfortunately this is without its original packaging so I can't show you the ingredients list, but it didn't have any adverse reactions on my skin.


It probably contains plant and fruit extracts like much of their other products. And well, it definitely did smell like what the word 'Fresh Juice' would invoke. It doesn't smell like fresh juice per se, but it did smelt like fruits and vegetables, with a hint of alcohol. Personally I prefer my products unscented or fragrance-free, but the fragrance is pleasant and fresh, so I'm all for it.


The pipette actually works, but it didn't see much use because of the texture of the serum. The serum itself is a rich creamy emulsion, and tends to cling onto the glass tube of the pipette. As such, I would normally just spread some of the excess off the tube and not have to squeeze the rubber bulb at all. (Although part of me would like to, for the fun of the experience.)


This serum is quite rich in its texture, and thus takes a little while to absorb. If not properly absorbed, it does feel a little greasy owing to it richness, so take note not to use more than an adequate amount. Once absorbed, my skin feels moisturized and smoother, but I haven't really seen much effect in wrinkle-reducing.


Serum roughly spread

Fully absorbed
But I think it does help in preventing wrinkle formation (at least those fine lines caused by dry skin). It's a little too rich for oily skin, which works better with water-based moisturizers. But for drier skin, this is a good product to try out. It's rich without being too heavy, and kept my skin smooth hours after I applied it.

Texture: Rich creamy emulsion
Scent: A fresh fruit + vegs kind of scent.
Effectiveness: ★ ★ ★ ★ (Good for combating wrinkles and keeping skin moisturized)
Overall: ★ ★ ★ ★ (Not bad. Dry skin types should consider using this)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...