Saturday 6 August 2011

Product Review : Sunsilk Weather Defense Serum

It's midnight as I'm doing up this post, but probably 12 noon when all of you are reading this. Still trying to be professional despite my mood :D So as promised, I'm going to finish this and prepare myself for some awkwardness / hostility tomorrow!

Weeks ago, I attended an event held by Sunsilk SG. In case you haven't read it, catch up HERE! So I actually promised a few readers that I would do a review on the serum but I've been dragging it for a pretty long time! But late is better than never right? This post comes along with a little bonus at the end!


Okay. I know I had TWO of these from the events. And they came with boxes. What happened was that... My mom unboxed the first one and used it. And then she decided to unbox the second one to bring out with her. It's a bad thing because that means I don't have the ingredients list! It's also a good thing because it just shows how portable it is? The packaging is really simple and sleek. You can twist the pump to the right to lock it and to the left to unlock it.


I really like the bright kinda slightly turquoise blue packaging? I'm not sure if I've described it right but you can see it for yourself clearly in the picture!

If you've read my post on dying my hair HERE, you'd know that it's a complete HORROR. I wake up to that horror every morning and feel upset about it.


See how HORRIBLY DRY it is?!!??!! I cannot live without hair mask/conditioner/serum/essence now. Just look at the pathetic state of my hair.


Here's a close up at my ball of hay. You can even see my split ends because I've not cut my hair yet. Doing it soon with my favorite hairstylist, Ken!

Moving on from my hair "depression", it's time to see the serum!


The heart shape is absolutely unintentional. I was trying to focus my camera on it and somehow it just slid around my palms and ended up like that. How would I describe it..? It's a pretty thick serum, less runny than the pink Essential serum. It smells absolutely heavenly, like a sweet fruity scent that I personally believe is appealing to at least 90% of the general public?

Before using, you must rub the serum in your hands and warm it up nicely so that it'll absorb better into your hair. If you have very long and/or thick hair, I recommend for you to section if so that you can spread the serum evenly. Patiently rub it into your hair and let it absorb the goodness. Once fully absorbed, your hands should have no sticky residue!


L - After / R - Before

Can you see the super obvious difference? I only did it on one side so that you can compare the difference. I'm not saying that this is a miracle serum but it does help a lot with my hair. Makes it less frizzy, less wild and more importantly, smoother. I think it's a temporary fix because my hair's a goner after all, it can't really absorb any nutrients anymore.

If your hair is very much alive, or not damaged to the extent of mine, this will be terrific for you! It's also like hair perfume, you'll smell delightful after using. I loved this during my competition at Lunar, it made my hair smell good despite the smokey environment.

And did you know, you can now grab any TWO of these serum for $13.90 ONLY? I'm stocking up, hope I'm not too late to tomorrow!


Texture : ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ (Nice and slick, absorbs easily.)
Effectiveness : ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ (It's a temporary fix for horrible hair!!!)
Scent : ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ (If you've been reading Domokie, you'd know that I adore fruity scents!!!)
Overall : ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ (Okay, it's 3.5 stars actually, however at the moment it's just insufficient for my hay(hair))

Love,
Chiharu ❤

Disclaimer : I received this when I went for my Sunsilk Event! Still that does not affect my review in anyway and it's 101% honest!

1 comment:

  1. So it doesn't last longer huh... I wonder if it will work on my hair though. I have thick hair and it's a hassle to manage it all the time

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...