Monday 11 July 2011

Product Review : Living Nature Lipstick in Summer Rain

Yes! I have a review post again~ I've been somewhat occupied today because I had to change my song for the semi finals this Saturday at the very last minute. Someone had already chosen the song I originally wanted to sing and I didn't want the competition to end up as a PK.

So after singing for hours, I decided to let my vocals take a break and at the same time come up with a review!

I think roughly about a month ago, I won...


I haven't been buying lipstick for awhile, so winning on is just as great! It was from a giveaway by The World Of Organic Skincare.


I got the shade in Summer Rain. I didn't get to choose :( It was one of the only two shades left and I don't really like such colors. You'll see more later.


Certified natural and not tested on animals!


Here's the ingredients list for those with... Sensitive lips?


The packaging is also 100% recyclable! Great for the environment.


Matte black packaging. Does not attract fingerprints! However the down side is that black is just somewhat plain and dull.


The logo.


By now, you should be able to tell from the above picture that this lipstick's gonna be pretty dark.


Yeap, it is. In fact the lipstick itself looks really similar to its sticker in terms of color.

At this point of time, I was pretty puzzled as to why it's called summer rain. The color isn't very summer-y or anything. Or maybe that's why there's the word rain? Like rain dulls the summer??? Truly I'll never know since it was not me who named the lipstick.


Here's a swatch. Very pigmented.


Lastly, the lip swatch!

Let me clarify that I did not use any lip liner. My lips are naturally darker at the edges. I was having a great lip day so I decided to do lip swatches. Because my lips were super plump and smooth that day, this lipstick went on super smoothly. It glided on like butter. It is really very pigmented and dark. I'm not the kind who likes to go for these colors, I very much prefer my lipstick to be nicely bright or nude or neutral. Definitely not dark. So this means many points off for the color. If I had to describe a shade, I'd describe it as a light burgundy on my lips? Or an extremely dark pink with hints of purple in it.

The lipstick is moisturizing and does not cause my lips to peel which I really like. However the color choice is pretty limited. I won more lipsticks from them, along with Ringo and I wouldn't say I'm fully satisfied with the colors. The texture is wonderful though. The finish is neither matte or glossy, just a very slight sheen. It looks like I just changed the color of my lips in my lip swatch. The "amount of shine" is exactly the same.

Also, if you remember the ingredients list, this lipstick has no added fragrance. So it either smells like nothing or it'd smell not very nice. In this case, the lipstick smells a little like... Those cheap lipsticks =x BUT the smell disappears once it's on your lips so that's nothing to worry about. I just wished it had a fruity scent or a vanilla scent? I'm into those kinda fragrance.

These lipsticks retail at... I believe it's $45? I might have loved it more if I got received a shade like "Morning Sun".

Texture : ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ (It's really smooth, nice and creamy.)
Pigmentation : ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ (I'd say it's superb but it may vary with the shades you choose.)
Lasting power : ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ (SUPER lasting. Even after it fades it's like a lipstain!)
Overall : ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ (It's actually 3.5 stars. I really didn't like the shade I received =x)

Cheers,
Chiharu ❤

Disclaimer : I won these from a TWOOS giveaway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...