Tuesday 19 July 2011

Product Review : MEISHOKU Detclear Fruits Bright & Peel Peeling Jelly

ALL OF YOU HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR IT!!! I've had people tell me before that CURE aqua gel is SUPER expensive, it retails at $42 if you didn't know. They asked me for alternatives, I had none. Now I've finally found one, recommended to me by Tsuriki! Thanks <3~

It works like CURE...

Looks almost like CURE...

95% similarity to CURE...

The best part?!

It costs only...


It's only available at SASA but you can get yours from <To be revealed at end of post> for only... $20.90~ Okay the difference isn't a lot but $2 can buy you a drink or an ice cream :D Must scrimp whenever you can okay! SMRT has sent in application to up up up our transportation fees T_T $2 can get you on a bus / MRT!!!

Okay back to the topic on hand, introducing the...


MEISHOKU Detclear Fruits Bright & Peel Peeling Jelly! The packaging is sooooo cheerful isn't it? So bright, colorful and summery! It looks like fruit punch. I chose the one with mixed fruit fragrance but there's also a berry fragrance one available. This is where it is unlike CURECURE is fragrance free so sensitive skin might wanna do a patch test first. I personally think this is very mild, just like CURE but then again I don't have sensitive skin. We'll wait for Ringo to try this and we'll know how extremely sensitive skin reacts to this!

Here's the ingredients list for ya'all!
"Water,glycerin,carbomer,steartrimonium chloride,glycosyl trehalose,hydrogenated starch hydrolysate,fragrance,lactobacillus/pear juice ferment filtrate,butylene glycol,citrus aurantium dulcis (orange) oil,vaccinium myrtillus extract,salix nigra (willow) bark extract,saccharum officinarum (sugarcane) extract,malic acid,tartaric acid,glycolic acid,citrus aurantium dulcis (orange) fruit extract,citrus medica limonum (lemon) fruit extract,acer saccharum (sugarmaple) extract,salicylic acid,pyrus malus (apple) fruit extract,rubus idaeus (raspberry) fruit extract"


Gets rid of very SURFACE blackheads only, not the hard, deep set kind. Increase our skin's turnover rate for more boing boing healthy new skin!!! Get rids of melanin and sebum for brighter looking skin!


I hope you can read this, this bottle is so hard to capture.


Ta dang! Looks like CURE right? Kay here's the CURE Review to remind you if you've forgotten! It's a little more milky than CURE though.

Effects wise... Ready?

Feast your eyes on...


MY DEAD SKIN CELLS. Okay not a nice feast. It removes the dead skin cells just like CURE!

But then again, if it's just the fragrance part that's different, shouldn't it be 99% similar to CURE? Sadly no. CURE's a little more concentrated so two pumps will suffice for my entire fat face. This however requires THREE pumps. Personally I don't mind because I love using products that smell great. Do note that CURE seems a little more potent though because more dead skin cells SEEM to come off when I'm using it on my face as opposed to the Detclear one. I have almost zero product loyalty and rotate around all the time! I stuck with CURE because nothing seemed the same but now that I've found a replacement... Heh ;) I also did not experience any tightness after using just this.

I chose this over the Berry one because the scent of this really resembles jelly. Remember the jelly we used to eat while we were still *coughs* young? The triangular shaped one that looks like this.


Image taken from Google Images

Smells almost the same and it's like stuffing your face into a bowl of such jellies!!! Really yummilicious and fruitilicious and enjoyable!!!


L - Before / R - After

See my beautifully brightened and smooth hands!!! (Self praise) Okay to be honest your skin will definitely become brighter and softer because those scaly dead skin cells have been removed! I must ALWAYS emphasize that EVERYONE MUST EXFOLIATE THEIR SKIN, regardless of skin type! I don't care if your skin is sensitive / dry / oily / combination. If you don't exfoliate, all your dead skin cells are just gonna build up layer by layer till they're like brick walls on your face. When that happens, all your skincare will not get absorbed properly so you might as well leave your face to die!!!

Here's the proper steps to exfoliating!

  1. Wet face
  2. Lather with your usual facial foam
  3. Pat your face DRY (IMPORTANT)
  4. Apply 2-3 pumps all over your dry face.
  5. Rub in circular motions gently and wait for all the whitish jelly to appear
  6. Wash it off
  7. Pat dry again
  8. MUST continue with usual skincare routine!

I've had people ask me if they can just slap it all over their face without proper cleansing. The answer is simple. NO. If you don't wash your face first, all the dirt and yuckies are still on your face. So while exfoliating, instead of really removing your dead skin, you are merely removing the dirt that was originally on your face. Then what's the point of exfoliating?

Also, it is extremely important to continue with a good skincare routine because our skin's more tender after exfoliating and must be protected properly. You'll want the soft skin to stay wouldn't you? Personally I recommend masking immediately after exfoliating for super awesome absorption of the goodies.

If you hate to fork out a whopping $42 for CURE, you might want to give this a shot. You can get this from Blingalways for $20.90! Or if you really can't wait, you can head down to your nearest SASA and get this for $22.90~

Affordability : ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ (Chip chip cheap!)
Texture : ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ (Light and jelly-ish, spreads well.)
Scent : ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ (I LOVE THIS SCENT)
Effectiveness : ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ (A little less dead skin comes off)
Overall : ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ (4.8 actually, 0.2 off because of the slightly less effective part. Otherwise all's good!)

Cheers,
Chiharu ❤

Disclaimer : I bought this from SASA with my own $$$!

2 comments:

  1. WARGHHH!!!! i love fruity smell stuff!!!!! just nice my CURE is finishing so i shall try this though i have sensitive skin! hopefully no break outs~ nice smelling things are too hard to resist hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes yes! I love fruity stuff too! This is quite mild so I think most likely nth should happen to your skin!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...