Friday 3 June 2011

Product Review : Cure Natural Aqua Gel

I posted on Domokie's FB to ask all my readers if they had any preferences on the products I was reviewing. I'm really glad to know that I received a response. My reader requested for a comparison of this Cure Natural Aqua Gel VS the Ginvera Marvel Gel. Unfortunately I used to own both but I stopped using my Ginvera Marvel Gel after awhile and lost it at some unknown part of my house. Now I can only do a review on this!


It's actually quite a big bottle and it comes with a pump. I love pumps because it's more hygienic? That's just my personal preference though.


A close up of the words.


This is the part that sensitive skin babes will love. If I'm not wrong, it reads as Fragrance Free, Color Free and Preservatives Free! Those three are potential skin irritants so without them it's definitely safer for our skin.

So what exactly is CURE?

Cure Natural Aqua Gel is a gentle and natural exfoliating gel that removes dead skin effectively without causing undue stress to the skin. Unlike chemical peels which use strong acid, Cure is very gentle on the skin and only removes the unwanted dead skin. It does not dry or think your skin which causes your skin to be vulnerable to sunlight.

Properties of CURE?

It's made of 90% revitalized hydrogen water and natural plant extracts of aloe vera, gingko and rosemary. No preservatives, fragrance, artificial colorings and alcohol.

Ingredients of CURE?

Water - 90.66%
Activated hydrogen water from purified water used.

Glycerin - 5%
Widely used moisturizing ingredient that contains high hygroscopic nature and has been used for a long time.

Crosspolymer (Acrylares / C-10 -30 Alky Acrylate)
The same liquid used by ophthalmologists for eye surgery. Used for thickener in this case.

Dicocodimonium Chloride. Steartrimonium Bromide
It is to respond to old dead skin. Commonly used for conditioner.

Aloe Barbadenis Leaf Extract - <1%
An expected ingredient that moisturizes and protects rough dry skin.

Ginko Biloba Extract - <1%
Extract from gingko, expected to moisturize, to prevent skin mottle and freckles.

Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract - <1%
It has anti-inflammation and antibacterial effects and is expected skin problems solutions.

Butylene Glucol - <1%
Color-free and scent-free moisturizing liquid.

After so much information, why not have some pictures let your brain relax a little?


That's what Cure Natural Aqua Gel looks like when you pump it out. Please note that this isn't a full pump, I only used a little because I'm intending to demonstrate usage on the back of my hands.


Spread it out and gently massage it into your skin. It's a very light gel that spreads really easily with a small amount. While you're massaging it into your skin, it feels really watery so it doesn't feel like you're rubbing hard at your skin. The little whitish flakes should appear and no, those are not tissue paper bits. They're the dead skin on the back of my hand!

Some other exfoliating gels that I've used before are rather dry and hard to spread. I didn't really like that because while attempting to rub away my dead skin, I feel like I am tugging on my skin and that might cause wrinkles and sagging! I always find myself turning back to this product. It's main ingredient is ... Aqua. Water. Which is why it feels so runny on the skin! But precisely because of that, it doesn't dry my skin out and it always feels very smooth, supple and hydrated even after exfoliating. Also, Ringo owns this and I'm glad to say that despite her having very sensitive skin, this product doesn't make her go red after usage.


L - Before / R - After

Can you see the difference? The back of my left hand, which is on the right on your skin is brighter than the other hand! And amazingly, it's not a matter of lighting because it was the other hand that's facing the window. You can say that it definitely brightens your skin.

Remember that no matter how sensitive / dry / oily / whatever your skin is, exfoliating is NECESSARY. It's a must and no one can forget that!!! If we have too much dead skin cell building up on our skin, the skincare that we use can no longer penetrate and then we'll be wasting our money. As I've mentioned, Ringo's sensitive skin did not break out or turn red from this so it's quite safe to say that everyone can try it. Of course, if you're still worried, do a patch test first!

After raving about it, I'll have to talk about the downside. The price. It's $42 and that's not exactly within everyone's comfort range. However, do note that this bottle is a lot bigger than your regular exfoliating gels. Also, one bottle can last you a really long time as you only need to exfoliate twice a week and I'd say that two pumps is more than enough for your entire face. I really do like this product and this bottle that I took pictures of is my SECOND bottle. And I'm finishing soon.

If words are unable to convince you, please head over HERE to get your free samples to try out :) Of course you can try heading down to your nearest Watsons and ask if they've samples for you to try. Experimenting is always better than words!

Affordability : ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ (A little hard on the pocket for those who are still schooling~)
Texture : ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ (Spreads easily and feels really light and hydrating on the skin!)
Effectiveness : ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ (Does what it says and brightens the skin too.)
Overall : ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ (Personally, I like it. It's still within my comfort range and I will choose this over most exfoliating scrubs/products. 1 star off just because of the price only!)

Cheers,
Chiharu ❤

Disclaimer : Descriptions and ingredients extracted from Cure's website. I bought this product too and am not related to Cure / Watsons.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...