Monday 27 June 2011

Product Review: Skinfood Cucumber Soothing Mask Wash Off

Hello Domokies, how are you guys today? On this bright and wonderful (Mon)day, I'm gonna review a product that I love~ This was actually a gift from Chiharu, like quite a portion of my cosmetic and skincare stuff are. Domo arigatou, domo-chan!

It's a Cucumber Soothing Mask from Skinfood. The packaging is rather simple, but still pretty. I love tubs like these more than squeeze tubes, though it's primarily a matter of aesthetics. Because all in all, squeeze tubes are probably more convenient (and not to mention, more hygienic).

  
When you untwist the cap, you can immediately smell the fresh scent of cucumbers inside. The scent isn't overpowering at all, and instead is very pleasant and natural. On the ingredients list they listed cucumber and fruit extract as one of the main ingredients whereas parfum is listed last, so I suppose much of the smell might have come from the former. It's the kind of scent I like - I like the smell of honeydews, watermelons, milk and honey, etc.


The product itself is a clear mildly light green gel that is thick in consistency (almost like finely mashed-up jelly), and is cooling to the touch. I put it in the fridge like Chiharu suggested, and it really is a blessing to put it on your face after a long day of work. Thank god for small favors.

The product gets warm really fast though (or is it just the weather in Singapore?), so don't massage it into your face for too long if you have warm fingers like me. Warm gel feels icky on your face, I think.


I've got sensitive skin which is acne-prone and easily inflamed, so this is a good mask to soothe my skin. So far I haven't good any adverse reaction to it, but here's the ingredients list just in case, for people who are allergic to certain ingredients.


To apply, scoop an adequate amount onto the pad of your fingers and lightly massage it onto your skin.


Gently spread it over your whole face (excluding the eye areas which are more sensitive) until a smooth consistency, and leave it on your face for 15 minutes. Go watch TV and blast the fan at you in the meantime or something. The bad thing about wash off mask is that you have to wash it off. The good thing is that, compared to some sheet masks, it won't fall off your face.

Generally, I consider wash-off mask a little troublesome. But golly, this is so worth the extra effort. My skin feels softer and less irritated after application. Additionally, unlike some masks (clay masks for instance), you can apply this more frequently (even daily) if you like, depending on your skin type. So if you're having Monday blues, perhaps this is something to consider~

Texture : ★ ★ ★ ★  ☆ (Pleasant gel-like consistency, doesn't slip off face, but kinda too thick to spread)
Fragrance: ★ ★ ★ ★  ★ (It makes me hungry for some cucumber salad~!)
Soothing & Moisture Level: ★ ★ ★ ★  ★ (Skin feels rested after application.)
Overall : ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ (I don't give my 5-stars easily.)


Signing off,
Ringo

1 comment:

  1. they didn't sell this anymore. :( i dunno, they always told me it's no stock for this time.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...