Thursday 30 June 2011

Product Review : Maybelline HyperSharp Liner

Once again, it's the time you'd consider an extremely early morning. I feel like Domokie's lacking a certain nutrient, and that is make up reviews! Or maybe it's just me but recently it's been either skincare or events! So here's one to satisfy me, Domokie and all the make up lovers out there~

Before that! Have you voted for us on Ginvera today? If no, PLEASE! Vote for us HERE. If we win, we'll be having an exclusive giveaway for all Domokie fans with.. Dollywink! And the Ginvera products too~ All votes are sincerely appreciated, TIA!

Now presenting...

The very new and exciting...


Cool right! Maybelline's now selling makeup pouch. Okay no I'm kidding. Really. Remember the event I went to at Forever 21 HERE?


It was so nice of Maybelline to send me a press kit for that event that also featured their new HyperSharp Liner!


These are the templates given in the press kit! You can use them to draw funky designs beside your eye area or even on your cheek!


These two are my personal favorites. I'm girly as you all know well enough by now...


Not forgetting the star of this post, the HyperSharp Liner! I really like the choice of colors here. It's so... I don't know how to describe it but the gold cap and words give a pop of color to the usual boring black. Also, I like the color gold. But no over-using too please.


I tried really hard to get the whole of the ingredients list in but... Yes I failed and I apologize. I hope this is good enough.


Here's my favorite part of the liner. I believe you all will find it familiar. You've seen the same kind of brush on the Dollywink and the Pink Brown one! The whole fine pointy little brush is made out of fine bristles that makes it similar to the structure of a paintbrush. They may look similar but this liner has no metal balls to clank within. Sounds weirdly phrased but very true.


Here's the swatches. They look really light but trust me that's just the light bouncing off it! It's as black as my Dollywink one and I really love that fact. Here's a picture of it on my eyes to show it's pretty black. You can draw a thick or thin line depending on the way you hold the brush! Scroll up to see how fine the tip is~ You can line extremely close to your lashline and make it super thin for a very natural look!


You can click to enlarge it further. Yijing's using the liner too!


Click to enlarge! I'm not lying about how pigmented it is!


This is my attempt at doodling with the eyeliner. I love wings and this is sort of like my recreation of those cute wings from animes! It bleeds a little because I have dry shriveled skin. Not on my eyes of course. It works really crisp and precise on my eyes.

At the moment, it sounds like a fantastic product right? Here's the downside. It smudges on me because I have really oily lids. I've tried using a primer underneath, powdering it like crazy... But it still smudges on me. However, let me state at this point that my lids are one of the worst kind out there, anything that's NOT liquid cannot stay on me and even those that are liquid might not stay on me. I would suggest people who doesn't have SUPERBLY EXTREMELY oily lids to try this. Or swatch it when you swing by Watsons :) It retails at Watsons for $19.90 if I am not wrong!

Texture: ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ (Very pigmented and doesn't take a long time to dry)
Application: ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ (As mentioned, I love such applicators. Smooth, clean and crisp lines!)
Lasting power: ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ (A little bit of smudging but I'm just very anal towards any smudges at all.)
Overall: ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ (I think it's worth a shot, considering how it's way more affordable and available than Dollywink! I think this is a great dupe!)

Cheers,
Chiharu ❤

Disclaimer : This liner was sent to me by Maybelline as part of their press kit. I received it because I attended the event that they were the official make up sponsors of. Once again, this will never affect the honesty of my reviews.

4 comments:

  1. affordability aside is it more smudgey than dollywink? i have such oily lids that even dollywink smudges a bit :'(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Drea, unfortunately this smudges on me but Dollywink doesn't. Perhaps you might want to borrow this from someone to try out before purchasing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok! think it would smudge on me even more :p will test it out first though and stick to dollywink if it doesn't work well! dollywink is awesome!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Drea, do try if you can! It's easier to purchase than Dollywink!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...