Saturday 11 June 2011

Product Review : Skinfood Peach Sake Silky Finish Powder

I'm heading out tomorrow for the ENTIRE day so I won't have time to post. So technically, this is my "tomorrow" post! But it's already Saturday so there's one post today at least!

Today's product is Skinfood's Peach Sake Silky Finish Powder!


This is a product from Korea, but I still like the packaging. It's a paper board kinda packaging, very light and unique. HOWEVER, notice that hole on the cover? It's the worst because that means your powder will spill out if you remove the puff and tip it over. I really hate that.


Yeaps, I bought this quite some time ago and never finished it!


The puff, soft enough for usage on the face. I prefer my Candydoll's Puff though~


There's a sifter but I completely forgot to take a picture of it! So sorry, that's the powder underneath!


Close up of the powder, looks like some kinda drug right? It reminds me not only of drugs but also of MUFE's HD powder!

I've never tried MUFE's HD powder before so I can't tell you if this is a dupe. I can only describe this powder to you. So let's get on with my review!

This powder is from the Peach Sake range so if you all don't know, the Peach Sake range is supposed to control sebum and minimize pores. Logically, you'd only expect this to control sebum because this is not a skincare. It's a loose powder, so in all honesty, it's super finely milled. Just take a look at the powder on my fingers!


Pardon the ugly nails though.


That's the swatch on my arm. Most of you are probably a little terrified now and worried that this might make you look ghastly!


So here's a blended version! Don't think that you'd be able to pile lotsa powder on your face. It WILL give you that white cast. I'm not very tanned nor extremely fair but this does make me look white if I put on anything more than a teensy bit. I'm serious. This is no joke. My arm doesn't look overly pale because this was a very very light layer.

And because I am unable to pile the powder on my face for fear of the white cast, there's barely any oil control. Choose one problem, white cast or zero oil control? I choose... Neither. I'll pick Candydoll over this anytime! So yes, after so much love for the previous reviews, there are still stuff I totally hate.


Texture: ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ (Yes, it's still extremely fine and soft.)
Coverage: ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ (No coverage + white cast = BOO)
Lasting Power: ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ (Nada, try something else.)
Overall: ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ (I don't like this at all. Sorry to Skinfood but this product failed me!!!)

Cheers,
Chiharu ❤

Disclaimer : I bought this from Korea with my own ka-ching!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...