Thursday 23 June 2011

Product Review: Bio-essence 24K Bio Gold Anti-dark Circles Essence

Konbanwa minna-san,

Sorry for the short bit of hiatus there. But I'll be making up for it with a review!

As you can probably tell from the unearthly hours I post at (barring scheduled posts), I'm a bit of a night owl. That sounds cool and all as a descriptive noun, but in reality that means looking zombie-like in daylight. Especially with those galling dark-eye circles.

I've tried a few eye creams, but admittedly I haven't really tried a lot. Currently though, I'm using Bio-essence 24K Bio-Gold Anti-dark Circles Essence.

And here's a photo of mine:



Pardon the blurry photography and background. My phone's camera is kinda lossy in dim lighting.

The photos don't do justice to the packaging, seriously. The essence comes in a rectangular glass bottle with an elegant pump system that ensures every single drop of the essence isn't wasted. The essence is pumped upwards instead of being suctioned out by a tube as with conventional packaging.

There are also tiny gold flakes floating in the essence, which looks really pretty in real life. Most of them probably disintegrate when pumped out, but some actually do come out with the serum as well.

But enough about how the product looks and on to the product itself!

I use it daily in my skincare routine (though I must admit that at times I’m a little too lazy to do so). It helps a lot in soothing tired eyes as well, and doesn’t sting the eyes much if you have the tendency to accidentally apply it into your eyes like me. : 0

How to apply:

Pump out an adequate amount onto the pad of your ring finger and spread it between both ring fingers. Pat the eye essence gently around both eyes starting from the inner corners and ending at the outer corners. Continue to do so until the essence is absorbed fully.





The essence is quite readily absorbed though, so it shouldn’t take up too much time. It really works as a quick pick-me-up – your eyes area feel less dry even after a long night of work. But I can’t exactly tell its efficacy in the long run. I think it’s quite effective in combating dark eye circles and wrinkles formation at least. My dark eye circles weren’t as bad as they usually would be during the month I was using it while rushing out my Final Year Project.

For best results though, have an adequate amount of sleep. But haha, it seems sleep is a luxury these days – the average American gets about 6.7 hours of sleep during the weekdays, and we all know about Japanese salary men and their sleep deficiency problem.

Speaking of which, I should probably get some sleep as well. Have a great day guys!

Signing off,
Ringo

Texture : ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ (Applies smoothly~)
Effectiveness: ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ (One of the better ones I've used so far!)
Moisturizing: ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆
Overall : ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ (Definitely worth the buy despite its higher pricing.)

3 comments:

  1. i just new into this serum. act how long have u been using it? mine just about a month and my dark circle is decreasing but i still do have it.

    thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi~ I've been using mine for about half a year or so. Dark eye circles can be quite persistent, so I suppose you just gotta give the serum time to reduce yours completely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol I used it for 3 monthsands my dark circles did not get better .In fact it's got worse

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...