Wednesday 1 June 2011

Product Review : EOS Limited Edition Lip Balm and Honeysuckle Honeydew Lip Balm!


What's that..?


Another ball???


More balls?!


It's EOS! And still, what's that? Basically it stands for Evolution Of Smooth. Afterall, smooth lips are everyone's dream right? No one will ever want nasty chapped lips.So here I am introducing lipbalms that are ever so adorable for you to own!

They don't come in boxes but because my limited edition lip balms come in a set, it had to come with a box to package both of them together. Take a look at the box for the descriptions!


We all always love natural products~


Please click to enlarge further for the description.


Click the picture to see the ingredients list in detail! It only looks small because it's a lot bigger and I didn't resize so you'd all be able to read it.

EOS describe these lipbalms as "95% organic, 100% natural, and paraben and petrolatum free. Packed with antioxidant-rich vitamin E, soothing shea butter and jojoba oil, eos keeps your lips moist, soft and sensationally smooth."


  • Long-lasting moisture
  • Shea butter & vitamin E
  • Smoothes on clear
  • New smooth sphere precisely glides on to lips
  • Twist-off top
  • Gluten-free
  • Paraben-free
  • Petrolatum-free
  • Phthalate-free


- As quoted from EOS


Uncap it to reveal a pleasant surprise!


I know they differ in color but after going through the ingredients list, I realized that no colors were added. I personally feel that the whiter balm looks more "appetizing"!


A closer look~


Such an adorable shape aren't I right?

I don't have swatches because they go on clear. Even on the lips, there's no sheen whatsoever so if you're looking for a lipbalm that wouldn't undo the effect of your matte lipstick, this is the one for you!

Packaging wise, I do not think I'd need to explain further. It comes in 5 different "flavors" excluding the Limited Edition one. So for the non-LE, there's my Honeysuckle Honeydew, Summer Fruit, Sweet Mint, Medicated Tangerine and Lemon Drop with SPF15. Sounds tasty too right? The limited edition "flavors" are Passion Fruit and Strawberry Sorbet.

I have only ever used the Honeysuckle Honeydew, Summer Fruit, Sweet Mint, Passion Fruit and Strawberry Sorbet. All the non-LE smells like they're supposed to? Summer Fruit is just something really fruity as the name suggest. A little citrus-y and a little berry-ish. The Strawberry Sorbet smells like strawberries and milk whereas the Passion Fruit smells like my Honeysuckle Honeydew.

Very unfortunately, these products have a taste. A sweet taste to be precise. Most people might not find it yucky but I am very picky about my lip products having taste. I am afraid of it! My friends love it though. They say it feels like they're eating sweets. One of my friends loved it so much that her round sphere is now flat.

They moisturize the lips pretty well, I have no problem with my lips after and this product does not feel greasy or waxy on the lips. The way the lipbalm is shaped really makes it such that I do not need a mirror to put this on! Yes, if I don't have a mirror I don't really know where I'm applying the balm on. This one works fine because of the sphere shape! I will love it even more if it doesn't taste sweet though.

However most of you would be upset to know that this is currently NOT available in Singapore. It is really cute though and you can always spree one from Drugstore.com!

Moisture level : ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ (Hydrates my lips well but I'd prefer something a little more slick)
Scent : ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ (I love all the scents!!!)
Texture : ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ (Glides like a dream the the curves fit my lips well~)
Overall : ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ (I adore this, only one star off for the sweet icky taste that I dislike!)

Cheers,
Chiharu ❤

Disclaimer : I'm not related to EOS in anyway and I bought all of these with my own money as usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...