Thursday 21 July 2011

Product Review : Living Nature Lipstick in Wave

So in my PREVIOUS POST, I mentioned that I did not get to choose my shade. Luckily for me, the other shade was decent. What about this one? How will it fare?


I swear the pictures are different, the packaging is the same but me being me, I had to take all the product shots :/


Ingredients list again because it varies with the shade you choose.


This time round, I was given the shade Wave. Looking at the color of the sticker, I already feel intimidated.


Upon seeing the lipstick in person, I felt even more afraid of the shade...


It looked like an okay red, not my usual color but you'd be surprised because I do wear red when I feel like it... Once in a pink moon =D

So. I applied it on my lips. And it looked like this.


I really really wanted to scream EEEWWWW OMFGWTHBBQ. Really. I cannot be more astonished at how it clashes with my skin. This red is SO horribly unflattering on my skin. If you are more fair, I reckon you might never want to try this. It's not really what you see in the picture. It's this horrible dull orangey red that seems to me would not flatter anyone. The only good thing is that it's super long lasting. Okay the lipstick also allows you to draw precise lines around your lips. My lip swatch was done w/o a lip liner. If dull orange red is your kinda color, you can try it..?

"The lipstick is moisturizing and does not cause my lips to peel which I really like. However the color choice is pretty limited. I won more lipsticks from them, along with Ringo and I wouldn't say I'm fully satisfied with the colors. The texture is wonderful though. The finish is neither matte or glossy, just a very slight sheen. It looks like I just changed the color of my lips in my lip swatch. The "amount of shine" is exactly the same.

Also, if you remember the ingredients list, this lipstick has no added fragrance. So it either smells like nothing or it'd smell not very nice. In this case, the lipstick smells a little like... Those cheap lipsticks =x BUT the smell disappears once it's on your lips so that's nothing to worry about. I just wished it had a fruity scent or a vanilla scent? I'm into those kinda fragrance." - The same description I gave to Summer Rain.

I WILL NEVER BUY THIS SHADE FOR $45 OR EVEN $5. NEVER.

Texture : ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ (It's really smooth, nice and creamy.)
Pigmentation : ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ (Super super pigmented.)
Lasting power : ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ (SUPER lasting. Even after it fades it's like a lipstain!)
Overall : ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ (THIS IS IMHO UNACCEPTABLE.)

Cheers,
Chiharu ❤

Disclaimer : I won these from a TWOOS giveaway.

6 comments:

  1. guess u'll be "WAVE-ing" goodbye to this colour *LAUGHTER*

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. Love the way you phrased your words haha!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, this shade is much too loud for you! Summer rain is my fave. Hv one at home n one in my handbag. I like these lipsticks becos they hv no smell and are super duper moisturizing! I also bought 3 others and received 2 shades from giveaways but by themselves the shades didn't suit me so what I do is mix them up. I apply the Laughter shade first then followed by Wave. The result is much nicer on me. Always start with the lighter shade first. Btw the Morning Rain is also quite bright so probably won't be your shade.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi dear, now it seems apparent that Living Nature's lipsticks are mostly bold in their colors? I wanted to try Morning Rain because it looked like a beautiful peachy coral shade! I actually do love bright shades depending on how well it works with my skintone!

    Also, you bought 3 of them?! That's quite a big damage to the pocket because they're not very cheap! Then again, natural lipsticks are hard to find!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry, shade is supposed to be Morning Sun, not Rain. Lol. Yes, after trying the giveaways, liked the moisturizing effect so bought more. Actually, when you think about it, the price is not too bad. I paid $42 for my previous brand and it's not even organic or natural. Plus this lipstick stays on longer and I don't have to apply any lipbalm before initial application so I think it's worth it. Yes i burnt a hole in my wallet and will have to use them till the last bit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi dear, this lipstick is definitely long lasting alright! Still I'd like to actually find a color I simply cannot resist otherwise I wouldn't even fork out any $$ for it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...