Tuesday 5 July 2011

Product Review : Amazing Cosmetics Amazing Concealer

Okay, I admit I've been a little slow with posting. I really wanted to win the Ginvera Bloggers Contest not just for myself, I wanted to give the tickets to my parents too because they've been supporting me. One of the best things that could happen was for them to be able to go on a holiday. So I was indeed pretty bummed when Domokie didn't win. But it's alright now. I've gotten over it and I was really touched by Qian Hui's comment!

So here's me back with a product review, inspired by Qian Hui!

Today's product is something amazing. Literally. It really is amazing, BECAUSE IT'S FROM AMAZING COSMETICS.

And even more amazingly...


It's called the AMAZING CONCEALER! Add them together and you'll get AMAZING Cosmetics AMAZING Concealer!!! Extremely amazing right?

Okay but seriously I think I overused the word amazing.


Their claim is pretty daring won't you agree? They're supposedly the world's best concealer. So does it live up to it's claim? Continue reading to find out ;)


Here's the ingredients before I forget. Those with sensitive eyes might want to check if they're allergic to anything in the list before they purchase.


Here's the product itself. Comes in a squeeze tube and I agree that makes it more hygienic than using a jar kinda concealer like the MAC one because we don't have to stick our fingers in to gouge the product out.

Here's the part I hate. The tube might not look very small and it claims to contain 6ml of product. I can't really measure but all I know is... My tube is BN and I bought it from Sephora. The first time I used it, I squeezed all the way past half a tube and NOTHING came out. NOTHING and mind you, it's BN. It's also a little hard to control the amount to squeeze out because more than half the tube was empty and I couldn't really gauge! I  felt somewhat cheated because the fact that I had to actually squeeze more than half a tube before product started coming out.

Moving on.


Here's the opening. It's sooooo dirty because it's so hard to control the amount coming out! I always squirt out too much because I get irritated with first squishing half the tube.


Here's a swatch of it. My shade is light golden. And that doesn't make sense because firstly, my camera made the color of the concealer look cooler. It's actually very peachy. Peachy =/= light golden right? But thankfully they had testers so I bought this shade intentionally to use on my super dark eye circles. I've been getting very little sleep so I decided to try out this supposedly amazing concealer.


L - Without / R - With concealer

Here's the coverage test. There's my naked mole and here's the plus point of this concealer. The coverage is EXCELLENT. You really only need an extremely tiny bit and despite the full coverage it gives, it's very blendable and spreadable. Which leads to my complaint of squirting out too much product because I only need a tiny dot but it's hard to get just that amount out. If you squirt too much product out, I advice you to just wipe it away instead of trying to use it all. This is a really full coverage concealer and trying to use the extra amount would definitely lead to the targeted area being cakey.

Also, if you first try this just on your hands, you might be a little alarmed because it's very thick and gooey in texture, sticky to be precise. The problem went away on my dark eye circles though. Just set it with a little powder to prevent it from sliding and you should be fine.

I know how everyone says a little goes a long way and a small tube can last you forever. However, I still feel cheated that about half of my BN tube was empty. It's a little too extreme. I personally wouldn't repurchase unless I have another voucher from Sephora. The smaller tube retails for $42 and I had a $40 voucher so I only topped up $2 for it. Unless my next tube is 100% guaranteed to be at least 3/4 full, I wouldn't fork out $42 for it. Unless you're really rich and have the extra cash to spare OR that you seriously need an extremely pigmented concealer, don't get this.

Texture: ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ (A little on the sticky side but it's fine after setting)
Coverage: ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ (Definitely amazing)
Lasting Power: ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ (It lasts for a long time but well, nothing's forever on oily skin)
Overall: ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ (It's a great product, except for it being half empty when it's BN!!! And a little pricey.)

Cheers,
Chiharu ❤

Disclaimer : I bought this myself with a $40 Sephora voucher and topped up with $2. The voucher was not sponsored. I spent enough $$$ and it hit the amount required to exchange for a voucher.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...