Monday 25 July 2011

Product Review : BeautyMate Kochi Honey Melon Nano Mask (美肌之志高知哈密瓜纳米面膜)

Firstly, whoa. That name is really a mouthful! Okay I had a hard time finding out the actual English name for this mask because I don't own the entire box of it! Secondly, THANK YOU LARISSA <3 for giving me this mask! I have NEVER tried a Honey Melon mask before but I've eaten the fruit plenty of times :/ Unfortunately the mask is inedible and I had to trash it after using. Honey Melon = Honeydew so if you're craving for this mask after reading it, buy the fruit and eat :D Thirdly, THE CHINESE NAME IS HARD TO READ TOO! Not that I can't read Chinese but how was I supposed to pronounce this : 美肌の誌?! Like is it Japanese or Chinese?

End of ranting, I blame myself for being incompetent because I'd love to be one of those people who can blabber all sorts of languages fluently.

Let's get on with this seemingly tasty mask shall we?


Presenting the BeautyMate Kochi Honey Melon Nano Mask otherwise known as 美肌之志高知哈密瓜纳米面膜 in simplified Chinese.


Okay about the packaging, sure, green is cool. But white words on green isn't cool. I had to kinda squint to read them. I know you all can barely make anything out from this picture so I prepared close ups!


I was so glad the description's in English. If I had to squint, read and translate, I'll probably be bald when I'm done. I toyed with the lighting a little hoping that it'll be more visible to all of you~ The cool thing about this mask is that the added fragrance is one of the most bottom ingredients which means the content is super low. Hopefully all with sensitive skin can take it!

Also, aren't you having high expectations already? It has supposed JAPANESE NANO TECHNOLOGY. Personally I was kinda fascinated by that fact but not convinced.


Here we have the how-to-use! It's suitable for all skin types (MAYBE not sensitive ones), especially for dry skin! No matter how sweltering your country is, you HAVE to moisturize your skin! I have oily combination skin plus I live in the hot AND humid Singapore, yet I love using moisturizing / hydrating masks!

If I'm not wrong, this mask is supposed to replenish and energize your skin with moisture, whiten and speed up your skin's metabolism AKA stimulate cellular activity. Sounds good right? A gentle reminder though, I know some of us love our tanned skin but we still have to use whitening products. Not to bleach us! By whitening, it usually means to even out our skintone, reduce redness/spots and give you a healthy glow!


The mask is soaked in a clear essence. The mask ate most of the essence and I had to squeeze the remainder out from the packet to get that picture you see.

Here's me with the mask on~


With SexyLook masks, I don't have a problem of it being a teensy bit too small for my forehead but I have problems with the nose area! This mask is the exact opposite, it doesn't fully cover my forehead but covers my nose a lot better! I have a big nose unfortunately and I constantly have a problem with masks not covering my nose entirely, even with My Beauty Diary masks! This is one of the rare few that manages to at least cover the tip of my nose?


L - Before / R - After

Here's a comparison picture for you! The lighting must be a little off though because I did notice an improvement in my skintone. It's less yellow, leaning towards a more healthy pinky complexion? As for the metabolism / cell renewal part, I honestly cannot tell. In fact I don't even know how to prove it? After all I have only used the mask once and I don't think such effects are visible to the naked eye. If you have one of those skin testers thingy, you might be able to tell the difference? IDK. Not sure if it's because of the Nano Technology but the essence is super easily absorbed into the skin. Very lightweight and non sticky but moisturizes well! It was more plump and hydrated for sure so if you have oily skin and you're worried of it being too heavy, fret not.

Scent wise, it does smell like honeydew but it's not exactly the same either? There was a slight floral scent but it's not dominant. I adore the scent and I think it's really unique to have a Honeydew mask. I would love to try it again but I don't think it's for sale in SG. However, I have my trusty supplier who can buy it for me! In case you don't know, I've sent in order for a batch of masks and I think I will get at least 44 sheets of just MBD mask. I ordered other stuff for myself too!

Texture : ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ (Nano technology = fast absorption? Not sticky either!)
Effectiveness : ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ (The main attraction would have been the cell renewal part but I couldn't tell)
Scent : ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ (A lovely Honeydew scent but I wish it were a little stronger and milkier?)
Overall : ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆ (It's not bad a mask, but it's definitely hard to find in Singapore)

I would get it if I had the chance to and if my pocket wasn't empty already. However a lot of masks can give you the same effect so it's not exactly irreplaceable. You don't really have to go to the end of the world to dig out this mask, you can try others. However if the opportunity to grab this surfaces, it wouldn't hurt to try it out personally! Besides, honeydew masks are hard to come by~

Of course if you're interested in some other masks I've reviewed previously, you can head over HERE!

Cheers,
Chiharu ❤

Disclaimer : Thank you to the lovely Larissa for the lovely gift! I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...